Win32 VM Service facility broken?

1 message Options

Win32 VM Service facility broken?

Torsten Bergmann

>is not compiled in by default anymore

That would explain it, maybe I should have digged in the makefile ...

> Editing the registry is apparently the way you have to do it.

Why manipulate the Registry, there are API's to create and
register a service.

>please point me to the appropriate documentation.

According to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682450(VS.85).aspx

you can just pass the args with lpBinaryPathName to the
CreateService() API.

If you have a recent Java installed you will find an example
in the "Java Quick Starter" (jqs.exe) service. If you open
it in the control panel you will see that arguments are passed.

Bye
T.