Win32 VM building

Torsten Bergmann

Hi Andreas,

there is a file Win32VMMaker.st in the latest trunk in "platforms\win32\build\".
But this is already included into VMMaker, isnt it?

So
a) would it be possible to remove Win32VMMaker.st from trunk then?

b) when I grab the latest trunk using

      svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk platforms

   I get a different but older "compiling.html" than I see at
   http://squeakvm.org/win32/compiling.html

   The website looks newer since the note with "nuke Win32VMMaker"
   is removed. Maybe this is'nt checked in.

c) the guide tells me to "Copy the contents of platforms/win32/build to
   your build location". I can do that - but there seem to be some
   stuff missing (I cant find a "Squeak.rc" for instance as it is
   in the "winbuild" directory of "SqueakVM-Win32-3.11.5-src.zip"

Thx
T.

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser

Re: Win32 VM building

Andreas.Raab

Torsten Bergmann wrote:
> there is a file Win32VMMaker.st in the latest trunk in "platforms\win32\build\".
> But this is already included into VMMaker, isnt it?

Correct.

> a) would it be possible to remove Win32VMMaker.st from trunk then?

Done.

> b) when I grab the latest trunk using
>
>       svn co http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/trunk platforms
>
>    I get a different but older "compiling.html" than I see at
>    http://squeakvm.org/win32/compiling.html
>
>    The website looks newer since the note with "nuke Win32VMMaker"
>    is removed. Maybe this is'nt checked in.

Done.

> c) the guide tells me to "Copy the contents of platforms/win32/build to
>    your build location". I can do that - but there seem to be some
>    stuff missing (I cant find a "Squeak.rc" for instance as it is
>    in the "winbuild" directory of "SqueakVM-Win32-3.11.5-src.zip"

Odd. I either screwed up when setting it up or it was deleted
accidentally. In any case your best starting point is probably the
winbuild directory of one of the current file releases. They contain
everything you need.

Cheers,
   - Andreas