Window resize event

Torsten Bergmann

Hi there,

is it possible to bring a window resize event into
the image for all platforms when the bounds of the
outside native window changes? See [1].

Would be a nice addition for instance to move projects like [2]
forward. Or think of Squeak apps that use the whole
screen with a morph and want to react on size changes.

Thanks
T.

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/pharo-project@.../msg21761.html
[2] http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2010-May/026613.html

Re: Window resize event

Andreas.Raab

We can think about this but you really don't need an event. The world's
bounds are already updated when the window is resized and you can use
that to do whatever you're trying to do. The size change of the world is
done by polling but that's an implementation detail in this context.

For an example, check out DockingBarMorph and in particular
#ownerChanged (which registers the change in world bounds) and
#updateBounds (which computes the new size for the docking bar).

Cheers,
   - Andreas