Windows Right Click support

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi All,

I just had a customer trying to use a new Windows Tablet computer (with and without tablet mode on) trying to execute a Right-Click in our software (Immersive Terf - Squeak 4.1).  He is not using a mouse instead he tried using the touchscreen two finger and touchpad two fingers and tried pressing the right mouse button area on the touchpad.  All of these things didn't work.  He reports that it works fine on other windows applications.

I've asked him to get a mouse and try with that (figuring that a mouse driver may fix the problem).  I'll see if I can work with him to capture the mouse events.

My question is has anyone ever seen this before?  Is this something new from Microsoft?  Did event encoding change for trackpads and touch screens?  (All of this appears to work fine on my computer two-finger trackpad). Suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Windows Right Click support

Chris Muller-3
I'm no expert but...  maybe press-and-hold?

I'm sure this is obvious but since you didn't mention it...  did he
have right entry in his squeak.ini file?

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018 at 12:18 PM, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just had a customer trying to use a new Windows Tablet computer (with and
> without tablet mode on) trying to execute a Right-Click in our software
> (Immersive Terf - Squeak 4.1).  He is not using a mouse instead he tried
> using the touchscreen two finger and touchpad two fingers and tried pressing
> the right mouse button area on the touchpad.  All of these things didn't
> work.  He reports that it works fine on other windows applications.
>
> I've asked him to get a mouse and try with that (figuring that a mouse
> driver may fix the problem).  I'll see if I can work with him to capture the
> mouse events.
>
> My question is has anyone ever seen this before?  Is this something new from
> Microsoft?  Did event encoding change for trackpads and touch screens?  (All
> of this appears to work fine on my computer two-finger trackpad).
> Suggestions are welcome!
>
> Thanks!
>
> All the best,
>
> Ron Teitelbaum

Re: Windows Right Click support

Ron Teitelbaum
Thanks, Chris.

I added some code to capture the button state and using a mouse it looks like the middle button is set to right-click.

We normally save the image with swapMouseButtons enabled but we use 3ButtonMouse=1 and 1ButtonMouse=0 in the ini.

This is the first time I've seen this break.  The only difference so far that I can tell is the user is using the Brazil language setting on Windows so maybe there is a problem with our i18n support.  It was a new computer and the first thing installed was Immersive Terf :).

I'll dig into it more.  Thanks again for the suggestion!

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum
Chief Executive Officer
3D Immersive Collaboration Consulting, LLC
[hidden email]
Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum
www.3dicc.com
https://www.google.com/+3dicc