Windows property key code?

Frank Shearar

Hi,

I've grown used to being able to use Windows' "property" key as a
right-click everywhere in Windows-land... except Squeak.

I realise this is a Windows-specific thing, but how would one go about
turning a press of the property key into a mouse click of the
appropriate colour? Do we already send the key press appropriately
encoded to the image, so it's an image-only change, or would we need to
change something in the VM too?

frank

Re: Windows property key code?

K K Subbu

On Wednesday 09 Mar 2011 2:38:14 pm Frank Shearar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've grown used to being able to use Windows' "property" key as a
> right-click everywhere in Windows-land... except Squeak.
>
> I realise this is a Windows-specific thing, but how would one go about
> turning a press of the property key into a mouse click of the
> appropriate colour? Do we already send the key press appropriately
> encoded to the image, so it's an image-only change, or would we need to
> change something in the VM too?
VM is responsible for mapping special buttons on a device to InputEvent
messages. I am not familiar with Win32 VM code to give you a precise answer
but if I were to do this on my VM, I would start with poking around in
platforms/win32/vm/sqWin32Window.c, particularly in recordMouseEvent,
recordKeyEvent and recordModifierButtons.

HTH .. Subbu