Working on Pharo 1.2

12

Re: Working on Pharo 1.2

Adrian Lienhard
Ok, here are the two URLs with redirects to the current 1.1 release downloads.

http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download/stable
http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download/stable-core

I've closed #2805.

Cheers,
Adrian

On Aug 16, 2010, at 22:14 , Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2010, at 21:53 , Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> That's excellent, but is Pharo 1.2 already stable?
>
> No, its not stable. I just picked a random link to allow people to test this setup. Sorry for the confusion...
>
> Adrian
>

>> On 16 August 2010 21:51, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Just as a test, I created the following page that redirects to a Pharo download zip.
>>>
>>> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download/stable
>>>
>>> It redirects with a HTTP 302 response. Does that work for the scripts in use? We would like to keep the files on the existing server and serve them from there.
>>>
>>> Adrian

>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Working on Pharo 1.2

Lukas Renggli
This is great, thanks a lot. I am using them on the build server now.

Lukas

On 19 August 2010 21:47, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ok, here are the two URLs with redirects to the current 1.1 release downloads.
>
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download/stable
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download/stable-core
>
> I've closed #2805.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>
> On Aug 16, 2010, at 22:14 , Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>

>> On Aug 16, 2010, at 21:53 , Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>
>>> That's excellent, but is Pharo 1.2 already stable?
>>
>> No, its not stable. I just picked a random link to allow people to test this setup. Sorry for the confusion...
>>
>> Adrian

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Working on Pharo 1.2

Great!!!

Stef

On Aug 19, 2010, at 9:47 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Ok, here are the two URLs with redirects to the current 1.1 release downloads.
>
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download/stable
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download/stable-core
>
> I've closed #2805.
>
> Cheers,
> Adrian
>
> On Aug 16, 2010, at 22:14 , Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>

>> On Aug 16, 2010, at 21:53 , Lukas Renggli wrote:
>>
>>> That's excellent, but is Pharo 1.2 already stable?
>>
>> No, its not stable. I just picked a random link to allow people to test this setup. Sorry for the confusion...
>>
>> Adrian

>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Working on Pharo 1.2

Marcus Denker-4

On Aug 19, 2010, at 9:47 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Ok, here are the two URLs with redirects to the current 1.1 release downloads.
>
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download/stable
> http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download/stable-core

can we have the same for unstable in a way that we can update to where the link
points to?

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Working on Pharo 1.2

Adrian Lienhard
Yes, this is possible (its done with a code part in Cmsbox that triggers the redirect, so updating is similar to editing some other content). But we should then regularly update the links so they don't get outdated. Is it worth?

On Aug 22, 2010, at 9:54 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> Yes, this is possible (its done with a code part in Cmsbox that triggers the redirect, so updating is similar to editing some other content). But we should then regularly update the links so they don't get outdated. Is it worth?

good question... right now people can't easily find the last pre-built unstable. I would update the link as soon as I put a new pre-built online.

(of course this is just an intermediate step... the goal is to auto-build everything. Which we will have at some point... but if we learning anything
the last 10 years is that because one could (and plans to) do it better, one should nevertheless do the dumb intermediate solution nevertheless)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: Working on Pharo 1.2

Stefan Marr-4

On 23 Aug 2010, at 08:31, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Aug 22, 2010, at 9:54 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
>> Yes, this is possible (its done with a code part in Cmsbox that triggers the redirect, so updating is similar to editing some other content). But we should then regularly update the links so they don't get outdated. Is it worth?
>>

> good question... right now people can't easily find the last pre-built unstable. I would update the link as soon as I put a new pre-built online.
Just give Marcus some very simple form, where he enters the URL, and which then sets the URL and also sends his usual email to the mailing list. That would be probably motivation enough to not forget to update the link, no?

Just an idea
Stefan

> (of course this is just an intermediate step... the goal is to auto-build everything. Which we will have at some point... but if we learning anything
> the last 10 years is that because one could (and plans to) do it better, one should nevertheless do the dumb intermediate solution nevertheless)
>
> Marcus
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2 / B-1050 Brussels / Belgium
http://soft.vub.ac.be/~smarr
Phone: +32 2 629 2974
Fax:   +32 2 629 3525

Re: Working on Pharo 1.2

Adrian Lienhard
OK, I created:

http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download/unstable-core

Marcus, for updating: log into Cmsbox, select the page 'unstable-core' under 'download' and edit the code part on this page.

Cheers,
Adrian

On Aug 23, 2010, at 7:45 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> OK, I created:
>
> http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download/unstable-core
>
> Marcus, for updating: log into Cmsbox, select the page 'unstable-core' under 'download' and edit the code part on this page.

Thanks, that's nice!

        Marcus

On Aug 23, 2010, at 8:13 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2010, at 7:45 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
>> OK, I created:
>>
>> http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download/unstable-core
>>
>> Marcus, for updating: log into Cmsbox, select the page 'unstable-core' under 'download' and edit the code part on this page.
>>

> Thanks, that's nice!

I added links to the latest unstable to the download page.
I change the links to 1.1 to point to stable-core and stable, too. So they will be correct when we do a 1.0.1

        http://www.pharo-project.org/pharo-download

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de