Working with Spoon

Edgar De Cleene
Working with Spoon

OtherBrowser>>#potentialClassNames

potentialClassNames
    "Answer the names of all the classes that could be viewed in this browser.  This hook is provided so that HierarchyBrowsers can indicate their restricted subset.  For generic Browsers, the entire list of classes known to Smalltalk is provided, though of course that really only is accurate in the case of full system browsers."

    ^ wormhole classNames

I sugest override findClass and add logic for when you hit the browser button only see the classes in the remote image.

Edgar

Re: Working with Spoon

ccrraaiigg

Hi Edgar--

> OtherBrowser>>#potentialClassNames
>
> potentialClassNames
>     "Answer the names of all the classes that could be viewed in this
> browser.  This hook is provided so that HierarchyBrowsers can indicate
> their restricted subset.  For generic Browsers, the entire list of
> classes known to Smalltalk is provided, though of course that really
> only is accurate in the case of full system browsers."
>
>     ^ wormhole classNames
>
> I sugest override *findClass and add logic for when you hit the
> browser button only see the classes in the remote image.

     Good idea, thanks! Please file an entry in the Spoon section of
bugs.squeak.org?

     thanks again,

-C

--
Craig Latta
www.netjam.org/resume

Re: Working with Spoon

Edgar De Cleene

On 2/18/12 3:16 PM, "Craig Latta" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>      Good idea, thanks! Please file an entry in the Spoon section of
> bugs.squeak.org?
>

>      thanks again,

Ok I do.
I have some problem with doing this as the remote reduced image do not have
a equivalent of SystemDictionary (or I still do not discover the through the
Wormhole travel :=)

Also I discover I do not can add a Class in the remote reduced image.

Thanks Craig for you work all this years.
Hope you could come to Argentina for Smalltalks 2012, ask Elliot about mix
jazz and our music in the memorable session he performs.

Edgar

Re: Working with Spoon

ccrraaiigg

> I have some problem with doing this as the remote reduced image do
> not have a equivalent of SystemDictionary (or I still do not discover
> the through the Wormhole travel :=)

     Indeed, in future releases you'll be able to ask the remote
memory's wormhole some of the queries that used to be handled by the
system dictionary. For example:

-    Answer the class with a given base ID.
-    Answer the classes with a given name.

> Also I discover I do not can add a Class in the remote reduced image.

     Yeah, the system browser doesn't do that yet in that release, but
you can evaluate the expressions it would run, in a workspace. Basically
you create a ClassEdition (or ask an existing class in the local memory
for its class edition) and imprint it.

> Thanks Craig for you work all this years.

     Thank you!

> Hope you could come to Argentina for Smalltalks 2012, ask Elliot
> about mix jazz and our music in the memorable session he performs.

     I would love to!

     thanks again,

-C

--