World main docking bar doesn't resize

K K Subbu
Hi,

The main docking bar doesn't resize itself when the (host) window is
resized in 64bit alpha image.

* start the image
* resize the window (say widen/shrink the right edge)
* the world docking bar remains unchanged/clipped
* do any of:
   * alt-r (redraw screen)
   * bring up the world menu
   * click in the main welcome window
  now the world docking bar fills the entire width.

Anyone else see this problem?

I bisected all releases of 6.0alpha and narrowed the problem between
19694 (good, 3rd June) and 19722 (bad, 9th june). I could also reproduce
the problem in latest 32bit release.

BTW, the unzipped 32bit image is 43.0 MB and the 64bit is 46.8 MB. The
difference is only 3.8MB. Is this on expected lines?

Regards .. Subbu

Re: World main docking bar doesn't resize

David T. Lewis
On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 10:56:37PM +0530, K K Subbu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The main docking bar doesn't resize itself when the (host) window is
> resized in 64bit alpha image.
>
> * start the image
> * resize the window (say widen/shrink the right edge)
> * the world docking bar remains unchanged/clipped
> * do any of:
>   * alt-r (redraw screen)
>   * bring up the world menu
>   * click in the main welcome window
>  now the world docking bar fills the entire width.
>
> Anyone else see this problem?

I do not see this problem. There is a bit of a delay before the docking
bar resizes itself, but otherwise it seems fine.

Dave

On 24/06/20 11:18 pm, David T. Lewis wrote:
> I do not see this problem. There is a bit of a delay before the
> docking bar resizes itself, but otherwise it seems fine

I see this too if I move the mouse into any morph (not the world). If I
don't move the mouse or touch the keyboard or move the cursor in the
world, the bar doesn't resize itself. Once I move the mouse into any
visible morph, then it does resize. Weird!

Could this be VM dependent? I see this on VM 202003021730 (Ubuntu 16.04,
64-bit).

Regards .. Subbu