World vs. ActiveWorld

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
What is the difference? There are many hardcoded references to each. I wonder if they are all using the correct one...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: World vs. ActiveWorld

Bert Freudenberg
On 21.01.2014, at 20:51, Sean DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What is the difference?

World is the outer-most world in the current project.

ActiveWorld, ActiveHand, ActiveEvent are set to the current values during event/timer callbacks.

Most code should use ActiveWorld, unless it explicitly needs to refer to the outer world.

> There are many hardcoded references to each.

"self world" is preferable but only works inside a Morph.

>  I wonder if they are all using the correct one...

Probably not :(

- Bert -

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: World vs. ActiveWorld

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Bert Freudenberg wrote
ActiveWorld, ActiveHand, ActiveEvent are set to the current values during event/timer callbacks.
Thanks! Why would ActiveWorld be different than World?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: World vs. ActiveWorld

Bert Freudenberg
On 21.01.2014, at 22:47, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote
>> ActiveWorld, ActiveHand, ActiveEvent are set to the current values during
>> event/timer callbacks.
>
> Thanks! Why would ActiveWorld be different than World?

When a world runs in a window, I think.