Woz wasn't bignums and ratios of bignums

Woz wasn't bignums and ratios of bignums

Paul Sheldon-2
Howard Stearns wrote :
"Not only would
you have to lazily compute composition all the time, but you would have to
compose the object's event history all the time. Yuck."

I think I see what you are getting at.

Saving work history founding in Maya work model
is something distinct than retaining in the model
events of moving up close, an event history.

I recall vaguely fractal rendering on approach to a scene
but that is inventing a scene background at random, I believe,
and sharing random stuff for all participants isn't,
I believe you said, in the croquet model.

Making models in Laura Croft Tomb Raider editor had barriers.

I suppose VR needs to give objects "personal space",
you can't move your eyeball right up against a molecule
for maximum magnification in a pin hole camera model of the eyeball.

;-)

Re: Woz wasn't bignums and ratios of bignums

Howard Stearns
In general, yes. However,...

I'm not quite sure what you mean about random stuff during rendering. Just in
case, I do want to clarify that:
  - Croquet does have per-Island random streams such that everyone can be using
the same synchronized random numbers.
  - Rendering isn't part of the model: there's no need to keep it coordinated
between participants. For example, everyone renders from their own point of view.

--
Howard Stearns
University of Wisconsin - Madison