XCB as a replacement for XLib anyone?

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi All,

   I'm taking a look at XNextEvent et al (specifically to see if meta events can be delivered on key down, not on key up) and I see that XCB is an interesting alternative to XLib.  Has anyone taken a look at writing an XCB subsystem, e.g.platforms/unix/vm-display-X11_XCB?
best, Eliot
tty

Re: XCB as a replacement for XLib anyone?

tty

Lots of interest, but no time.

My primary interest is in decoupling Squeak from Morphic so that it runs "nativelly" in X. I saw this on news.ycombinator.com and bookmarked it for when/if I do get time.

Good luck with it and thanks for all your work on Cog/Spur.

---- On Fri, 09 Nov 2018 15:06:06 -0500 Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote ----