XML Parser failing with travis

BrunoBB
Hi all,

I'm getting the following error with travis integration:
ERROR 2010 , a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010),
a XMLFileHandle class does not understand  #'xmlDocumentFileExtensions' (MessageNotUnderstood)

--transcript--'Loaded ->
XML-Tests-Parser-monty.171 --- http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLParser/main --- cache'

The whole trace is at:
https://travis-ci.org/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/builds/177728877

Regards,
Bruno

Re: XML Parser failing with travis

GLASS mailing list

Bruno,

I think that this is a recently introduced bug --- possibly in XML-Writer-Core-monty.52 [1]. I looked at the first build that failed for you 20 days ago and then looked at the previous master build that ran successfully and in that build the only noticable difference in the XML packages is that the green test uses XML-Writer-Core-monty.51.

So it looks like the XML code base moved out from under you ...
Since the XML code isn't on github it is very likely that the update was made without testing the changes against GemStone ...

Hmm, there is also a change to the ConfigurationOfXMLParser version ... green is using ConfigurationOfXMLParser-monty.248 and failing is using ConfigurationOfXMLParser-monty.259

Finally the error is actually coming from the method ConfigurationOfXMLParser>>forceInitializationOfClassAndClassInstanceVariables ... which is in the configuration itself, so it might only be necessary to patch the ConfigurationOfXMLParser configuration ...

Dale

[1] https://travis-ci.org/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/builds/172398503#L2029

[2] https://travis-ci.org/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/builds/162513975#L1718

On 11/21/2016 10:05 AM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:
Hi all,

I'm getting the following error with travis integration:
ERROR 2010 , a MessageNotUnderstood occurred (error 2010),
a XMLFileHandle class does not understand  #'xmlDocumentFileExtensions'
(MessageNotUnderstood)

--transcript--'Loaded ->
XML-Tests-Parser-monty.171 ---
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/XMLParser/main --- cache'

The whole trace is at:
https://travis-ci.org/brunobuzzi/BpmFlow/builds/177728877

Regards,
Bruno

Re: XML Parser failing with travis

BrunoBB
From monty:
"I just finished hopefully the last major update to XMLParser and loaded it into a clean GsDevKit_home stone with no issue and the tests passed.

Looking at your log, you're loading XMLParser "release-2.7.6", but the most recent is "release-2.9.7". Two months ago I added a postLoad to the ConfigurationOf to force explicit initialization of normally lazy initialized class/class inst vars that are persisted to avoid possible write conflict race conditions on GS. But the postLoad sends a message that the version you're targeting doesn't implement, so you get this error during loaidng.

Targeting "stable" will fix this.

I should also look into separate, versioned postLoads tied to specific baselines."

Re: XML Parser failing with travis

BrunoBB
monty,

thanks very much  !!!

after changing the Baseline to #stable both projects (OrbeonPersistenceLayer and BpmFlow) are passing the travis integration.

regards
bruno