Xemina "Pharo : an open-source Smalltalk"

Xemina "Pharo : an open-source Smalltalk"

SergeStinckwich
Bonjour à tous,
Xin chao quy vi,

Séminaire IFI du jeudi 29 mai 2010 à 14h00
Xemina tai IFI, thu 5 ngay 29 thang 4 2010, luc 14h00

Présenté par:        Serge Stinckwich
                           Chercheur, UMMISCO, IRD / IFI
Nguoi trinh bay:    Serge Stinckwich
                           Chercheur, UMMISCO, IRD / IFI
Titre :
            Pharo : an open-source Smalltalk

Résumé :
Smalltalk is a dynamic reflective object-oriented programming
language. Based at the beginning on Lisp and Simula,
it was one of the first programming language to use a bitmap
user-interface and an integrated development environment (IDE).
Smalltalk has been a great influence in the development of many
programming languages, including Objective-C, Java and Ruby.
Many innovations in software engineering in the nineties also come
from the Smalltalk community, such as Design Patterns, test-driven
approach, agile software development like Extreme
Programming (XP) and code refactoring.

Pharo is a new open-source Smalltalk (under a MIT licence).
Pharo's objective is to provide a clean, open-source and innovative
Smalltalk implementation with suitable for research and business
applications.
Several companies and universities are using Pharo for their software
development.
More information are available here: http://pharo-project.org/ and
http://pharobyexample.org/

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk

Re: Xemina "Pharo : an open-source Smalltalk"

SergeStinckwich
The talk will be in french but the slides in english.
Admittance is free ;-)

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Serge Stinckwich
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bonjour à tous,
> Xin chao quy vi,
>
> Séminaire IFI du jeudi 29 mai 2010 à 14h00
> Xemina tai IFI, thu 5 ngay 29 thang 4 2010, luc 14h00
>
> Présenté par:        Serge Stinckwich
>                            Chercheur, UMMISCO, IRD / IFI
> Nguoi trinh bay:    Serge Stinckwich
>                            Chercheur, UMMISCO, IRD / IFI
> Titre :
>             Pharo : an open-source Smalltalk
>
> Résumé :
> Smalltalk is a dynamic reflective object-oriented programming
> language. Based at the beginning on Lisp and Simula,
> it was one of the first programming language to use a bitmap
> user-interface and an integrated development environment (IDE).
> Smalltalk has been a great influence in the development of many
> programming languages, including Objective-C, Java and Ruby.
> Many innovations in software engineering in the nineties also come
> from the Smalltalk community, such as Design Patterns, test-driven
> approach, agile software development like Extreme
> Programming (XP) and code refactoring.
>
> Pharo is a new open-source Smalltalk (under a MIT licence).
> Pharo's objective is to provide a clean, open-source and innovative
> Smalltalk implementation with suitable for research and business
> applications.
> Several companies and universities are using Pharo for their software
> development.
> More information are available here: http://pharo-project.org/ and
> http://pharobyexample.org/
>

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Xemina "Pharo : an open-source Smalltalk"

SergeStinckwich
For people who don't know where is IFI, the adress is :
Viện tin học pháp ngữ, ngõ 42 Tạ Quang Bửu, quận Hai Bà Trưng, Hà nội

http://www.ifi.auf.org/

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bonjour à tous,
> Xin chao quy vi,
>
> Séminaire IFI du jeudi 29 mai 2010 à 14h00
> Xemina tai IFI, thu 5 ngay 29 thang 4 2010, luc 14h00
>
> Présenté par:        Serge Stinckwich
>                            Chercheur, UMMISCO, IRD / IFI
> Nguoi trinh bay:    Serge Stinckwich
>                            Chercheur, UMMISCO, IRD / IFI
> Titre :
>             Pharo : an open-source Smalltalk
>
> Résumé :
> Smalltalk is a dynamic reflective object-oriented programming
> language. Based at the beginning on Lisp and Simula,
> it was one of the first programming language to use a bitmap
> user-interface and an integrated development environment (IDE).
> Smalltalk has been a great influence in the development of many
> programming languages, including Objective-C, Java and Ruby.
> Many innovations in software engineering in the nineties also come
> from the Smalltalk community, such as Design Patterns, test-driven
> approach, agile software development like Extreme
> Programming (XP) and code refactoring.
>
> Pharo is a new open-source Smalltalk (under a MIT licence).
> Pharo's objective is to provide a clean, open-source and innovative
> Smalltalk implementation with suitable for research and business
> applications.
> Several companies and universities are using Pharo for their software
> development.
> More information are available here: http://pharo-project.org/ and
> http://pharobyexample.org/
>

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Xemina "Pharo : an open-source Smalltalk"

SergeStinckwich
Hummmm sorry again ...
There is a mistake in the annonce, this is the 29 april 2010
(tomorrow) and not the 29 may !

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bonjour à tous,
> Xin chao quy vi,
>
> Séminaire IFI du jeudi 29 mai 2010 à 14h00
> Xemina tai IFI, thu 5 ngay 29 thang 4 2010, luc 14h00
>
> Présenté par:        Serge Stinckwich
>                            Chercheur, UMMISCO, IRD / IFI
> Nguoi trinh bay:    Serge Stinckwich
>                            Chercheur, UMMISCO, IRD / IFI
> Titre :
>             Pharo : an open-source Smalltalk
>
> Résumé :
> Smalltalk is a dynamic reflective object-oriented programming
> language. Based at the beginning on Lisp and Simula,
> it was one of the first programming language to use a bitmap
> user-interface and an integrated development environment (IDE).
> Smalltalk has been a great influence in the development of many
> programming languages, including Objective-C, Java and Ruby.
> Many innovations in software engineering in the nineties also come
> from the Smalltalk community, such as Design Patterns, test-driven
> approach, agile software development like Extreme
> Programming (XP) and code refactoring.
>
> Pharo is a new open-source Smalltalk (under a MIT licence).
> Pharo's objective is to provide a clean, open-source and innovative
> Smalltalk implementation with suitable for research and business
> applications.
> Several companies and universities are using Pharo for their software
> development.
> More information are available here: http://pharo-project.org/ and
> http://pharobyexample.org/
>

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Xemina "Pharo : an open-source Smalltalk"

SergeStinckwich
The slides of my talk are now freely available here:
http://www.slideshare.net/SergeStinckwich/pharo-an-innovative-and-opensource-smalltalk

Best regards,