Xtreams: Which Repository

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
There are:
1. http://www.squeaksource.com/Xtreams, from which the Pharo 4 Config Browser loads
2. http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~juampi/Xtreams/, which claims to be porting Xtreams to "Pharo 6"
3. https://github.com/mkobetic/Xtreams

Does anyone know:
- Who is working on #2 and what is its status relative to the two other repos?
- Is #3 currently useful?
- How far are each of these from the latest code in VW?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Xtreams: Which Repository

Juan Pablo Sandoval
Hi Sean,

I am working on the repository #2, ~juampi/Xtreams.  It is a temporal fork from the repo #1.

At the moment, I was playing with the configuration of Xtreams to avoid the warnings and/or errors during the load on Pharo5. I think it is ok now for Pharo5.

The next steps are:
- Updating the code of the repo to latest code in VW. I did my first attempt, but as I am not a Xtreams/VW expert, it is taking more time than I expected. BTW, any suggestion for this step would be appreciated.
- Improving the API of Xtreams.

Regards,
Juan P.

There are:
1. http://www.squeaksource.com/Xtreams, from which the Pharo 4 Config
Browser loads
2. http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~juampi/Xtreams/, which claims to be porting
Xtreams to "Pharo 6"
3. https://github.com/mkobetic/Xtreams

Does anyone know:
- Who is working on #2 and what is its status relative to the two other
repos?
- Is #3 currently useful?
- How far are each of these from the latest code in VW?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Saludos,
Juan Pablo

Re: Xtreams: Which Repository

stepharo

Hi Sean,

I am working on the repository #2, ~juampi/Xtreams.  It is a temporal fork from the repo #1.

At the moment, I was playing with the configuration of Xtreams to avoid the warnings and/or errors during the load on Pharo5. I think it is ok now for Pharo5.

The next steps are:
- Updating the code of the repo to latest code in VW. I did my first attempt, but as I am not a Xtreams/VW expert, it is taking more time than I expected. BTW, any suggestion for this step would be appreciated.
Do you think many things got changed?
We plan to work on a good VWImporter but I do not know how much time it will take.

- Improving the API of Xtreams.
ie fixing the API of +-: and use peekAt: instead

Thanks Juan for your time.