Yoshiki Ohshima is running for the Squeak Board

Yoshiki Ohshima is running for the Squeak Board

Yoshiki Ohshima
  I'm also announcing that I'm running for the Board.

  I am a member of Viewpoints Research Institute and doing some
research oriented work as well as improving Etoys system for OLPC.
I'm also finishing the last term as a Board member.  I participated
the discussion of the relicensing effort both in Viewpoints and the
Squeak board.

  I personally haven't so much with the cutting edge 3.9 or 3.10, as I
do more work on different images.  But for the larger Squeak
community, I'd agree that the stability is the primary focus of the
mainstream image; for people who want to use Squeak as the base of
their commercial apps, it should be possible.  Other new kinds of
stuff should be possible starting from the mainstream image, but
almost by definition, research branches cannot be coordinated with
each other.  (Hmm this sounds similar to Andrew's statement^^;)

-- Yoshiki

Re: Yoshiki Ohshima is running for the Squeak Board

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 2/18/07 5:27 PM, "Yoshiki Ohshima" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> I'm also announcing that I'm running for the Board.
>
>   I am a member of Viewpoints Research Institute and doing some
> research oriented work as well as improving Etoys system for OLPC.
> I'm also finishing the last term as a Board member.  I participated
> the discussion of the relicensing effort both in Viewpoints and the
> Squeak board.
>
>   I personally haven't so much with the cutting edge 3.9 or 3.10, as I
> do more work on different images.  But for the larger Squeak
> community, I'd agree that the stability is the primary focus of the
> mainstream image; for people who want to use Squeak as the base of
> their commercial apps, it should be possible.  Other new kinds of
> stuff should be possible starting from the mainstream image, but
> almost by definition, research branches cannot be coordinated with
> each other.  (Hmm this sounds similar to Andrew's statement^^;)
>
> -- Yoshiki

Yoshiki:

We are very lucky you run for board.

Have my vote and deep thanks.