ZipArchive usage

BrunoBB
Hi All,

I'm try to generate a ZIP file with various XML string but with no luck.
I checked the link but still no ZIP with xml files.
http://forum.world.st/How-to-write-a-ziparchive-to-disk-correctly-td3320390.html

The Script:
|file stream archive |
archive := ZipArchive new.
file := GsFile open: '/tmp/proc.zip' mode:'wb' onClient: false.
stream := RWBinaryOrTextStream on: myObject xmlString asByteArray.
stream binary.
stream reset.
file nextPutAll: stream contents.
archive writeTo: stream.
file close.

Where [xmlString] is valid XML. I want to generate a ZIP with various XML strings.
But this script only generate an empty ZIP.

Any idea how to create a ZIP with various xml string in it ?

Regards,
Bruno

Re: ZipArchive usage

GLASS mailing list
I don't claim to be a ZipArchive expert, but I was able to get the
following to work (based on how .mcz files are created):

       | file archive stream member |
       archive := ZipArchive new.
       file := GsFile open: '/tmp/proc.zip' mode: 'wb' onClient: false.
       stream := RWBinaryOrTextStream on: String new.
       member := archive
         addString:
           '<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE PARTS SYSTEM "parts.dtd">
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="xmlpartsstyle.css"?>
<PARTS>
    <TITLE>Computer Parts</TITLE>
    <PART>
       <ITEM>Motherboard</ITEM>
       <MANUFACTURER>ASUS</MANUFACTURER>
       <MODEL>P3B-F</MODEL>
       <COST> 123.00</COST>
    </PART>
</PARTS>'
         as: 'PARTS'.
       member desiredCompressionMethod: ZipArchive compressionDeflated.
       archive writeTo: stream.
       file nextPutAll: stream contents.
       file close

Dale

On 4/14/16 12:11 PM, BrunoBB via Glass wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm try to generate a ZIP file with various XML string but with no luck.
> I checked the link but still no ZIP with xml files.
> http://forum.world.st/How-to-write-a-ziparchive-to-disk-correctly-td3320390.html
>
> The Script:
> |file stream archive |
> archive := ZipArchive new.
> file := GsFile open: '/tmp/proc.zip' mode:'wb' onClient: false.
> stream := RWBinaryOrTextStream on: myObject xmlString asByteArray.
> stream binary.
> stream reset.
> file nextPutAll: stream contents.
> archive writeTo: stream.
> file close.
>
> Where [xmlString] is valid XML. I want to generate a ZIP with various XML
> strings.
> But this script only generate an empty ZIP.
>
> Any idea how to create a ZIP with various xml string in it ?
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: ZipArchive usage

BrunoBB
Dale,

Thanks !!! is working OK now (with multiple files)  :)

Regards,
Bruno