a Tweakish Croquet question

1 message Options

a Tweakish Croquet question

David Faught
In several of the menu-action methods in class CroquetMenuProject,
which builds the Tweak menu at the top of the SimpleDemoMaster, there
is a sequence like this:

   root := hand world.
   root activeProject ifNotNil:[
     root := root activeProject. "a project builder".
  ].

I'm wondering just how necessary this is and why, because root ends up
pointing to the instance of CroquetMenuProject which invokes the
methods.  Couldn't this just be simplified to:

  root:= self.

or just eliminate the use of this root instance variable altogether
and just use self?  Am I missing something here?  Or is this in place
for some eventual use by the harness or router or something else?