a little bit of fun

Bob Arning-2
If you're old enough, you might remember The New Daleks. Resurrected in Squeak:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28914094/TheNewDaleks.5.cs.gz

Cheers,
Bob

Re: a little bit of fun

Casey Ransberger-2
You beat me to the punch! I guess you did have the advantage of having written it, and knowing Pascal, so I won't beat myself up too much.

Instead I'll just congratulate myself for convincing you to do it for me;)

Thanks Bob! I love this game! EXTERMINATE!!

On Aug 19, 2013, at 6:38 PM, Bob Arning <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you're old enough, you might remember The New Daleks. Resurrected in Squeak:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28914094/TheNewDaleks.5.cs.gz

Cheers,
Bob

Re: a little bit of fun

Edgar De Cleene
Re: [squeak-dev] a little bit of fun

On 8/19/13 10:38 PM, "Bob Arning" <[hidden email]> wrote:

  If you're old enough, you might remember The New Daleks. Resurrected in Squeak:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28914094/TheNewDaleks.5.cs.gz

 Cheers,
 Bob

I loaded and try to play, but do not have any ideas of it.
Can share some ?

Edgar

Re: a little bit of fun

Casey Ransberger-2
Soon as I get five minutes I'm playing. Basically, run from the Daleks, and convince them to smash into each other. You should be able to use the sonic screwdriver to take out a swath of them if they get uncomfortably close, but only once per level, and you can save screwdrivers for later levels if I remember right. There's also the trick with the Time And Relative Dimension In Space thing where you can move from one part of the playing field to a completely unexpected new part of the playing field. I think I remember that sometimes that puts you right under a Dalek and that's game over.

I haven't tried Bob's Squeak port yet, that's going to have to be tomorrow, but hopefully at the least I'll be able to find some bugs. This was one of my favorite games when I was a kid, and it's cool to see it make it to the platform that never dies.

Excelsior!

--
Casey Ransberger

On 8/20/13 6:43 AM, "Casey Ransberger" <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Very thanks.
I look Google and found several about Daleks.
Afraid Dr. Who never war aired in Argentina ....

Edgar

Re: a little bit of fun

Casey Ransberger-2
Right and for anyone else who's not familiar with the TERROR -- the HORROR -- the NIGHTMARE of the Daleks, well, you can see a bit of it here...

They're really hard to get rid of. Like cockroaches with death rays really. You got one Dalek, you may as well have the whole damned species.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkelV2WUNdw

[...]

Very thanks for this.
I forget we now have the wonderful “Mirror of Past and Far Away” named YouTube

Edgar

Re: a little bit of fun

Sam Adams-2

Delightful blast from the early Macintosh days.
Spent way too much time back then mastering this thing.

Thanks Bob!

Sam S. Adams, CTO - Contextual Computing
IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM Research
Mobile: 919-696-6064, email: [hidden email]
Assistant: Linda R. Morrison. (720) 395-0460 Fax: (845) 491-4318, Tie: 676-0460, [hidden email]
<<Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 1:16-17, 1 Corinthians 1:10>>

Inactive hide details for "Edgar J. De Cleene" ---08/20/2013 07:56:57 AM---On 8/20/13 6:51 AM, "Casey Ransberger" <casey.obrien"Edgar J. De Cleene" ---08/20/2013 07:56:57 AM---On 8/20/13 6:51 AM, "Casey Ransberger" <[hidden email]> wrote: > Right and for anyone else

From: "Edgar J. De Cleene" <[hidden email]>
To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
Date: 08/20/2013 07:56 AM
Subject: Re: [squeak-dev] a little bit of fun