a problem (?) with filetree format

EstebanLM
Hi,

I have a problem (houston).
I want to cherry pick some changes when I’m committing… and well, it is not possible right now :(

the problem is that meta-information (timestamp. author) is kept in methodProperties.json… so I cannot choose not to commit a method that I do not want changed :(

any idea how to deal with this?

I would like to have meta-information inside the method source code:

(assuming using STON)

Metainf {
        #timestamp:  DateAndTime [ '2012-02-14T16:40:15+01:00' ],
        #author: ‘EstebanLorenzano’,
        #categories: [ ‘accessing' ]
}

myMethod
        … etc…

Any thoughts about this?

thanks,
Esteban

Re: a problem (?) with filetree format

Jan Vrany
On 17/01/14 12:04, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem (houston).
> I want to cherry pick some changes when I’m committing… and well, it is not possible right now :(
>
> the problem is that meta-information (timestamp. author) is kept in methodProperties.json… so I cannot choose not to commit a method that I do not want changed :(
>
> any idea how to deal with this?
>
> I would like to have meta-information inside the method source code:
>
> (assuming using STON)
>
> “
> Metainf {
> #timestamp:  DateAndTime [ '2012-02-14T16:40:15+01:00' ],
> #author: ‘EstebanLorenzano’,
> #categories: [ ‘accessing' ]
> }
> ”
> myMethod
> … etc…
>
> Any thoughts about this?

Then it won't be compatible with Cypress format [1]. I suggest
to use one .json file with properties per method. This will be compatible.

Jan

[1] https://github.com/CampSmalltalk/Cypress/

> thanks,
> Esteban

Re: a problem (?) with filetree format

EstebanLM
oh well… cypress format can be changed too :)
but yes, I can live with one json per method (no idea others, but I can :) )

Esteban