accessing the Squeak core in Scratch

Jens Mönig
This post was updated on .
Dear Squeakers,

I just wanted to let you know that I have found a way to access Squeak from within Scratch 1.1, and posted a little tutorial on how to do it on the Scratch website.:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Jens/22355

Also, I have written a lilttle patch that enables Scratch 1.1 to export scripts (block stacks) into an xml format, and to import such xml files as Scratch scripts, so you can write your own extensions for Scratch. I've posted a first 'alpha' version to SqueakMap:

http://map.squeak.org/package/54988948-a27c-40dd-b214-873f259d13c0

and some further instructions in the Scratch forum:

http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1558.

have fun!
Jens

Re: accessing the Squeak core in Scratch

Mikael Kindborg-2
Interesting! Also, in the parent project there is some background to
the Squeak version used for Scratch, in the window "Welcome to MIT
Squeak!".
Best regards, Micke