[ann] a snappier snapshotcello

1 message Options

[ann] a snappier snapshotcello

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

A new version of Snapshotcello is now reachable from your Pharo 2.0 image. Besides snapshotting the current version, you now get the possibility of:
- marking the new version as stable,
- committing the configuration package, and
- pushing the package to the official Pharo repository.

Here is an example:
Snapshotcello new
     configurationClass: ConfigurationOfSnapshotcello;
     sourceVersion: #development;
     targetVersion: '1.4-snapshot';
     snapshot;
     makeStableFor: #'pharo2.x';
     commit;
     pushToPharo20Repository

A more detailed description can be found here:
http://www.tudorgirba.com/blog/snappier-snapshotcello

We can certainly improve this, and it would be great to have a similar mechanism integrated into Metacello. But, in the meantime, I find myself for the first time literally one do-it away from distributing projects that are developed without much constraints.

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"