applying stereoscopics (red/blue shadows) to imported Croquet objects (& Tea Painter Objects)

applying stereoscopics (red/blue shadows) to imported Croquet objects (& Tea Painter Objects)

RichWhite
Not sure if this is possible so I though I would ask (since I have tried all
the obvious solutions).... I have been tinkering with getting a projector
configured so we can add
stereoscopics to our Croquet/Smartboard (Edusim) configuration (so when the
kids wear the red/blue glasses the 3D objects they manipulate appear to stick
out from the terrain & board)
my problem is the approach (revolving around the projector dividing the output
{using an attachment - mirrors & red/blue lenses}  into the desired red/blue
shadows necessary for the separation & outputting on the screen)
has not given the desired result... what I really need is for the terrain to
not cast the red/blue shadows but the Tea Painter & imported objects (all the
lesson objects)
to have them (giving the desired appearance of object separation) ..... is it
even possible (programmatically) to apply red/blue shadowing to  Tea Painter /
imported objects to achieve the stereoscopics effect while wearing the red/blue
glasses? .... has anyone
experimented with it?  I would be interested to see how it worked for you.

applying stereoscopics (red/blue shadows) to imported Croquet objects (& Tea Painter Objects) concept prototype

RichWhite
I did a quick prototype for the "stereographic objects" Edusim concept
- I built it in Secondlife mainly because I am more familier with the building
tools there -
and the environment seems ideal for rapid prototyping (we have a teen grid
island but I really want this functionality in our Edusim whiteboard tool).

The results look actually fairly nice- I used the semitransparent red/blue
object shadowing - it gave the objects a nice seperation from the terrain &
background...
One detail is that while building it is necessary to actually have the red/blue
lensed glasses on so the builder can adjust the depth as desired..... I will
work more on the SL sim and
share the SLurl with the group when it is complete to serve as a prototype of
the concept - you will need the silly red/blue glasses while navigating the sim
to get the true effect.
My ultimate goal is that this serves as a concept that will make its way into
the Edusim SMARTboard applications for the little kids..... Ill creat an whole
sim using the effect.. Ill share more as I have it

========
I have also included an Edusim wishlist for the record:
Edusim Wish List
-------------------
(**) Platform independent (The stuff I have been cobbeling together has been
MAC only - derived from some Croquet Collaborative work)
(**) "Board Buddy" manager (similar to IM buddy lists) to allow for easy
connecting of classroom whiteboards
(**) Live Video/Audio capability (for some reason the cam/mic input from my
MacBook Pro does not work? - list of supported hardware?)
(**) CCPainter (Plopp??) replacement for Tea Painter
(**) Engaging start screen (as opposed to the red start screen - lady bug dots
filling in?)
(**) Support for Alice .a2c models
(http://alice.org/index.php?page=gallery/index)?
(**) Lesson package manager (educators drag one package(.zip file?) in & all
resources (.mdl/.ase/.a2c, .mp3, images, .mp4??, .rtf/html??, ) within scatter
in front to be placed in lesson location)
(**) Simple "apply behavior" to imported .mdl/.ase/.a2c (right click - apply
behavior {from a pre-defined .bhv directory?} , set pause, set durration in
minutes)
(**) Stereographic filter that can be applier to objects (a menu/toggle option)