arm64 ffi update [working better]

1 message Options

arm64 ffi update [working better]

KenDickey

Back to 3 unit test fails with VMMaker generated arm64 FFI!

VMMaker.oscog-KenD.2511.mcz plus latest pull to fix arm64abicc.c

Two basic problems.

 [1] Somehow, StackInterpreter lost some of its class variable values (e.g. for DisownVM).

Had to invoke

  StackInterpreter initializeMiscConstants

Note that "StackInterpreter initialize" did _not_ set these.

[2] I found/find pattern of "use every other float register" wacky.

Now I begin to see that this is to work around C typecast hoop jumps.  So floatRegisters are now declared #float rather than #double.  This changed the number of unit test failures from 7 to 3.

We probably need to (better) document this somewhere.

On to those remaining unit tests, then I get to write some more!  ;^)

-KenD

-KenD