automated way to delete specific trunk packages?

12

Re: Keep Local vs Keep Remote when merging

Chris Muller-3
+1

And, it would really be nice to have the ability to edit the method
right there in case a manual integration is needed, otherwise you have
to remember..

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 5:41 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What about:
> 'Skip'  'leave method in image untouched'
> 'Load' 'load method from file'
>
> and
>
> 'Skip all' 'leave all methods in image untouched'
> 'Load all' 'load all methods from file'
>

> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 12:23 PM, Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> (moving to squeak-dev)
>>
>> On 12.05.2015, at 03:54, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > The update stream wasn't smooth for me because there were numerous
>> > merge prompts where I wasn't sure whether I should "Keep Local" or
>> > "Keep Remote".  I selected Local every time, is that right?
>>
>> No you want to “keep remote”, meaning you want the changes coming in from
>> the new package to supersede the changes in your local image.
>>
>> We wanted to give these buttons better labels for a long time.
>>
>> How about “keep my changes” vs “discard my changes”? And “keep all my
>> changes” vs “discard all my changes” instead of “rest local/remote”?
>>
>> Some native speaker help us out, here ;)
>>
>> - Bert -

Re: Keep Local vs Keep Remote when merging

timrowledge

On 12-05-2015, at 11:34 AM, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> And, it would really be nice to have the ability to edit the method
> right there in case a manual integration is needed, otherwise you have
> to remember..

Or if that can’t be done nicely, build a list of such methods and open a suitable methodlist browser at the end of the basic merge.

tim
Useful random insult:- Talks to plants on their own level.

Re: Keep Local vs Keep Remote when merging

marcel.taeumel
If I merge code from a file or repository, I think of data flowing from the outside into my environment/image (even onto my local code). So the question is whether to modify local code or not.

Nothing will ever happen to the remote code, so "keep remote" makes no sense.

*Both* buttons should either describe what happens to local code or what happens with remote code.

Here are some ideas:

[Keep local] and [Update local]
[Install remote] and [Ignore remote]

Best,