avatars

David Faught
This is old news, but I don't recall seeing it before.
http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=sims_announcement/sims_announcement

Re: avatars

David Faught
Avatar Studio looks very interesting too, but I know that the current
Croquet VRML importer doesn't handle the animations.  I'm guessing
that these are vertex/morphing animations because I don't think that
VRML handles a skeleton.

http://www.blaxxun.com/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=88

I'll have to see if Milkshape will translate this VRML to Ogre XML format.

As far as selecting a "standard" 3D model format for Croquet
avatars/objects, here's another 2 cents.  First of all, more is
better.  The more different formats that can be used and supported,
the better off the community will be.  And secondly, being XML-based
should be a big plus, if I understand anything about XSLT.  Which is a
big if, because I have only a vague idea of what XSLT is about.  Maybe
somebody that actually understands XSLT can comment about this.

Dave