baseline, filetree and submodules

EstebanLM
Hi,

So... I have this problem. I have a project that depends on another project and I'm handling both with filetree.
In my project, then I have a subdirectory with this structure:

repository/
        marina/
        tide/

So I create baselines for each, taking into account that structure, so repository: 'filetree://repository/marina' for the first one and 'filetree://epository/tide' for the second one.

Now... that loads fine...

BUT:

I want to handle 2nd project as a submodule of first one:

repository/
        marina/
                tide/

Which means my configuration does not works anymore.

And well... this brings me another more general problem: If we want people to use filetree as his development source repository, people can chose other convention than mine, for example:

repository/
        mc/
                marina/
                        tide/

... or whatever they want. And of course, that will screw all configurations we can do.

My question:

Is there a way to override repositories in configurations? I'm think on something like this:

spec project: 'Tide' with: [
                spec
                        className: 'BaselineOfTide';
                        repository: 'filetree://repository/marina/tide';
                        overrideRepositoryWith: 'filetree://repository/marina/tide' ].

Thanks,
Esteban

Re: baseline, filetree and submodules

EstebanLM
bump... nobody cares about this?

On 21 Mar 2014, at 09:25, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So... I have this problem. I have a project that depends on another project and I'm handling both with filetree.
> In my project, then I have a subdirectory with this structure:
>
> repository/
> marina/
> tide/
>
> So I create baselines for each, taking into account that structure, so repository: 'filetree://repository/marina' for the first one and 'filetree://epository/tide' for the second one.
>
> Now... that loads fine...
>
> BUT:
>
> I want to handle 2nd project as a submodule of first one:
>
> repository/
> marina/
> tide/
>
> Which means my configuration does not works anymore.
>
> And well... this brings me another more general problem: If we want people to use filetree as his development source repository, people can chose other convention than mine, for example:
>
> repository/
> mc/
> marina/
> tide/
>
> ... or whatever they want. And of course, that will screw all configurations we can do.
>
> My question:
>
> Is there a way to override repositories in configurations? I'm think on something like this:
>
> spec project: 'Tide' with: [
> spec
> className: 'BaselineOfTide';
> repository: 'filetree://repository/marina/tide';
> overrideRepositoryWith: 'filetree://repository/marina/tide' ].
>
> Thanks,
> Esteban

Re: baseline, filetree and submodules

Dale Henrichs-3
Esteban,

Sorry about that ... I've been heads down working towards an imminent GemStone release and have had no free time to spend on virtually anything else...

I've been digging myself out for months now, but I think I am in the final week now and will hopefully have time sometime this week ... if you could ping me again if I haven't responded by next Monday that would help ...

Sorry,

Dale

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 5:37 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
bump... nobody cares about this?

On 21 Mar 2014, at 09:25, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So... I have this problem. I have a project that depends on another project and I'm handling both with filetree.
> In my project, then I have a subdirectory with this structure:
>
> repository/
>       marina/
>       tide/
>
> So I create baselines for each, taking into account that structure, so repository: 'filetree://repository/marina' for the first one and 'filetree://epository/tide' for the second one.
>
> Now... that loads fine...
>
> BUT:
>
> I want to handle 2nd project as a submodule of first one:
>
> repository/
>       marina/
>               tide/
>
> Which means my configuration does not works anymore.
>
> And well... this brings me another more general problem: If we want people to use filetree as his development source repository, people can chose other convention than mine, for example:
>
> repository/
>       mc/
>               marina/
>                       tide/
>
> ... or whatever they want. And of course, that will screw all configurations we can do.
>
> My question:
>
> Is there a way to override repositories in configurations? I'm think on something like this:
>
> spec project: 'Tide' with: [
>               spec
>                       className: 'BaselineOfTide';
>                       repository: 'filetree://repository/marina/tide';
>                       overrideRepositoryWith: 'filetree://repository/marina/tide' ].
>
> Thanks,
> Esteban

Re: baseline, filetree and submodules

EstebanLM
Hi Dale,

ping :)

Esteban

On 31 Mar 2014, at 19:04, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

Esteban,

Sorry about that ... I've been heads down working towards an imminent GemStone release and have had no free time to spend on virtually anything else...

I've been digging myself out for months now, but I think I am in the final week now and will hopefully have time sometime this week ... if you could ping me again if I haven't responded by next Monday that would help ...

Sorry,

Dale

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 5:37 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
bump... nobody cares about this?

On 21 Mar 2014, at 09:25, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So... I have this problem. I have a project that depends on another project and I'm handling both with filetree.
> In my project, then I have a subdirectory with this structure:
>
> repository/
>       marina/
>       tide/
>
> So I create baselines for each, taking into account that structure, so repository: '<a href="filetree://repository/marina'">filetree://repository/marina' for the first one and '<a href="filetree://epository/tide'">filetree://epository/tide' for the second one.
>
> Now... that loads fine...
>
> BUT:
>
> I want to handle 2nd project as a submodule of first one:
>
> repository/
>       marina/
>               tide/
>
> Which means my configuration does not works anymore.
>
> And well... this brings me another more general problem: If we want people to use filetree as his development source repository, people can chose other convention than mine, for example:
>
> repository/
>       mc/
>               marina/
>                       tide/
>
> ... or whatever they want. And of course, that will screw all configurations we can do.
>
> My question:
>
> Is there a way to override repositories in configurations? I'm think on something like this:
>
> spec project: 'Tide' with: [
>               spec
>                       className: 'BaselineOfTide';
>                       repository: '<a href="filetree://repository/marina/tide'">filetree://repository/marina/tide';
>                       overrideRepositoryWith: '<a href="filetree://repository/marina/tide'">filetree://repository/marina/tide' ].
>
> Thanks,
> Esteban

Re: baseline, filetree and submodules

Dale Henrichs-3
Thanks Esteban ... I'm still in a cage match with a couple of stubborn bugs ... I've just about got the "last bug" fixed:)

Dale