bootstrapping with Darwin into a tree to seize a gimp?

1 message Options

bootstrapping with Darwin into a tree to seize a gimp?

Paul Sheldon-2
Portfile evidently means Darwin port in such a directory path context
for mac terminal command line.

Getting install files of GNU from gnome seemed to involve an infinite
regress of dependencies.

I wondered whether Darwin would automatically climb the trees of
dependency in this "Brazilian Americo's Amazon" and seize me a gimp for
my mac (his instructions on seizing a gimp are for a pc).

Or would it warn me I needed gtk2, which would warn me I needed Cairo
and Pango which would warn me I needed something else.

While I can search for portfiles for these dependencies, I found a
portfile for gimp.

It hasn't complained yet.

I hope I can always go back and regress if I need to. But, if I don't, I
know some kind soul out in Wonderland might be able to tell me how to
clean my includes from bugs living in this Amazon canopy.

Terminal application is still not complaining! Maybe this gimp is going
to get siezed but will only show not working when I try to compile
something or maybe it is recursive.

Will I ever get into the trekkie crowd and see what happens with John
Dobson astronomy day at Arlington?