browser plugins

Rob Withers-2

I recall we used to have a way to build browser plugins and have the vm running in various browsers.  Does anyone know where that code is?  I looked for it and found it not.

I want to get Cog running as a plugin in Chrome, IE and Firefox.   Any tips or pointers welcome.  Especially true if you know how to interface with the browsers.  This is new territory for me.

Regards,
Rob

Re: browser plugins

Bert Freudenberg

On 08.09.2010, at 20:57, Rob Withers wrote:

I recall we used to have a way to build browser plugins and have the vm running in various browsers.  Does anyone know where that code is?  I looked for it and found it not.

- Bert -

Re: browser plugins

Rob Withers-2

Thanks, Bert.    Right in front of me...I mistook Plugin for our vm plugins.

Rob

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Vm-dev] browser plugins

On 08.09.2010, at 20:57, Rob Withers wrote:

I recall we used to have a way to build browser plugins and have the vm running in various browsers.  Does anyone know where that code is?  I looked for it and found it not.

- Bert -

Re: browser plugins

Rob Withers-2

This looks like the way forward with Chrome.  http://code.google.com/chrome/extensions/npapi.html   NPAPI is evidently a Mozilla plugin interface.

I will try to get IE working, then look into Chrome.

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:40 PM

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:21 PM