can't go to location in croquet

Paul Sheldon-2
in KAT object in system bin

I get a dialogue box offering me the option button to accept
an address :
www.croquetcollaborative.org

I press accept while at wifi access in Teaneck Library
and don't notice anything happening for a long time,
too long a time to wait long enough to see if something
does happen.

Did anything with a drum kit happen for you guys out there?

I've searched the old e mail and found it had.

Re: can't go to location in croquet

Howard Stearns
Well that's interesting. There were two problems.

1. Google was locking up the Croquet port. E.g., netstat on the router box
reported the following, where 66.249.66 is a Google address:
tcp4     266      0  www.5910               crawl-66-249-66-.62421 CLOSE_WAIT

I have no idea what they were doing or why it would lock it up.

Anyway, it's reset now.

2. Someone had added a "SimpleDemo"-style XML postcard portal in the space,
which can mess you up if you're not running the latest software. (And I haven't
bothered to make a new CroquetCollaborative distribution.) So I just deleted the
portal. (For technical details of the bug, see
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6398)

--
Howard Stearns
University of Wisconsin - Madison