circling in on symbolic version release (1.0-beta.28)

circling in on symbolic version release (1.0-beta.28)

Dale Henrichs
I've just done a series of checkins of the configurations referenced
from the Pharo development configuration.

I've updated each of the configurations with the "correct symbolic
version" for Pharo1.0 and Pharo1.1 based upon what is loaded in the
one-click images and the ConfigurationOfPharo specifications ... when
in doubt I went with the specified version.

Here's the list of configs:

ProfStef
Shout
AutomaticMethodCategorizer
ObjectMetaTools
Nile
PharoMorphicExtras
NewInspector
OCompletion
PharoSound
ScriptManager
HelpSystem
OmniBrowser
RefactoringBrowser
PharoNonCore
Gofer

The symbolic version methods are ignored by earlier versions of
Metacello, so they shouldn't affect anything ...

I plan to perform validations on all of the configurations in
MetacelloRepository and will be checking in fixes for the critical
issues that can affect Metacello (there are some issues with the most
recent version of Pharo that I will fix shortly).

Dale

Re: circling in on symbolic version release (1.0-beta.28)

stephane ducasse-2
Excellent.
Keep us aware of that!

Stef

On Dec 17, 2010, at 12:58 AM, Dale wrote:

> I've just done a series of checkins of the configurations referenced
> from the Pharo development configuration.
>
> I've updated each of the configurations with the "correct symbolic
> version" for Pharo1.0 and Pharo1.1 based upon what is loaded in the
> one-click images and the ConfigurationOfPharo specifications ... when
> in doubt I went with the specified version.
>
> Here's the list of configs:
>
> ProfStef
> Shout
> AutomaticMethodCategorizer
> ObjectMetaTools
> Nile
> PharoMorphicExtras
> NewInspector
> OCompletion
> PharoSound
> ScriptManager
> HelpSystem
> OmniBrowser
> RefactoringBrowser
> PharoNonCore
> Gofer
>
> The symbolic version methods are ignored by earlier versions of
> Metacello, so they shouldn't affect anything ...
>
> I plan to perform validations on all of the configurations in
> MetacelloRepository and will be checking in fixes for the critical
> issues that can affect Metacello (there are some issues with the most
> recent version of Pharo that I will fix shortly).
>
> Dale

Re: circling in on symbolic version release (1.0-beta.28)

Dale Henrichs
I'm in the process of writing up documentation for the toolbox ... I
think that the best way to introduce/use symbolic versions is to have
them automatically updated by using toolbox methods to create new
development versions and do releases....

I've got a number of tests that I still need to write as well...

Dale

On 12/17/2010 04:26 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> Excellent.
> Keep us aware of that!
>
> Stef
>
> On Dec 17, 2010, at 12:58 AM, Dale wrote:
>
>> I've just done a series of checkins of the configurations referenced
>> from the Pharo development configuration.
>>
>> I've updated each of the configurations with the "correct symbolic
>> version" for Pharo1.0 and Pharo1.1 based upon what is loaded in the
>> one-click images and the ConfigurationOfPharo specifications ... when
>> in doubt I went with the specified version.
>>
>> Here's the list of configs:
>>
>> ProfStef
>> Shout
>> AutomaticMethodCategorizer
>> ObjectMetaTools
>> Nile
>> PharoMorphicExtras
>> NewInspector
>> OCompletion
>> PharoSound
>> ScriptManager
>> HelpSystem
>> OmniBrowser
>> RefactoringBrowser
>> PharoNonCore
>> Gofer
>>
>> The symbolic version methods are ignored by earlier versions of
>> Metacello, so they shouldn't affect anything ...
>>
>> I plan to perform validations on all of the configurations in
>> MetacelloRepository and will be checking in fixes for the critical
>> issues that can affect Metacello (there are some issues with the most
>> recent version of Pharo that I will fix shortly).
>>
>> Dale

Re: circling in on symbolic version release (1.0-beta.28)

stephane ducasse-2
Excellent we can adapt after the chapter on metacello

On Dec 17, 2010, at 6:10 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> I'm in the process of writing up documentation for the toolbox ... I think that the best way to introduce/use symbolic versions is to have them automatically updated by using toolbox methods to create new development versions and do releases....
>
> I've got a number of tests that I still need to write as well...
>
> Dale
>
> On 12/17/2010 04:26 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:
>> Excellent.
>> Keep us aware of that!
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Dec 17, 2010, at 12:58 AM, Dale wrote:
>>
>>> I've just done a series of checkins of the configurations referenced
>>> from the Pharo development configuration.
>>>
>>> I've updated each of the configurations with the "correct symbolic
>>> version" for Pharo1.0 and Pharo1.1 based upon what is loaded in the
>>> one-click images and the ConfigurationOfPharo specifications ... when
>>> in doubt I went with the specified version.
>>>
>>> Here's the list of configs:
>>>
>>> ProfStef
>>> Shout
>>> AutomaticMethodCategorizer
>>> ObjectMetaTools
>>> Nile
>>> PharoMorphicExtras
>>> NewInspector
>>> OCompletion
>>> PharoSound
>>> ScriptManager
>>> HelpSystem
>>> OmniBrowser
>>> RefactoringBrowser
>>> PharoNonCore
>>> Gofer
>>>
>>> The symbolic version methods are ignored by earlier versions of
>>> Metacello, so they shouldn't affect anything ...
>>>
>>> I plan to perform validations on all of the configurations in
>>> MetacelloRepository and will be checking in fixes for the critical
>>> issues that can affect Metacello (there are some issues with the most
>>> recent version of Pharo that I will fix shortly).
>>>
>>> Dale

Re: circling in on symbolic version release (1.0-beta.28)

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi dale. This is awesome. SOrry for being quite out...but I am trying to focus on my duties :(

maybe we will be able to build pharo dev 1.2 using symbolic versions?

cheers

Mariano

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:58 AM, Dale <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mariano,

I think that would be a good idea. I have some thoughts on doing that,
but I'd rather have a few more people work through the problem on their
own and then we can discuss the pros and cons of different approaches...

I've been having these kinds of discussions with myself, but I always
win the argument:)

Dale