classic vs. OLPC version

Randy Heiland
Which version of etoys is considered the "official" version - the "classic"
version that I've downloaded & used for such a long time from Squeakland or
the OLPC version that is available from the squeakfest '07 site?  I ask, in
part, because I may be starting another series of workshops and would like
to know which UI the kids should begin to get familiar with.

Thanks, Randy

Re: classic vs. OLPC version

Kim Rose-2
Re: [Squeakland] classic vs. OLPC version
Hi, Randy -

At SqueakFest we announced that the olpc version, made available here:
http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPC-Etoys070726.zip
woud become the "official" version as it runs on all platforms in addition to the olpc "xo".   We wanted to give a few weeks, at, and post-SqueakFest,  for people to begin to use and send any reports of problems, etc.

Next week or just following Labor Day,  it will be that version (or slightly updated) that people will download from the Squeakland site.

thanks for checking,
Kim

At 11:40 AM -0400 8/25/07, Randy Heiland wrote:
Which version of etoys is considered the "official" version - the "classic"
version that I've downloaded & used for such a long time from Squeakland or
the OLPC version that is available from the squeakfest '07 site?  I ask, in
part, because I may be starting another series of workshops and would like
to know which UI the kids should begin to get familiar with.

Thanks, Randy

Re: classic vs. OLPC version

K. K. Subramaniam
On Sunday 26 August 2007 12:35 am, Kim Rose wrote:
> Hi, Randy -
>
> At SqueakFest we announced that the olpc version, made available here:
> http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPC-Etoys070726.zip
> woud become the "official" version as it runs on all platforms in....
Kim,

This zip does not include Linux binaries :-(. Will the final version include
the latest VM code for Linux or do we have to download them separately from
squeakland.org site?

Regards .. Subbu

Re: classic vs. OLPC version

Yoshiki Ohshima
  Subbu,

> On Sunday 26 August 2007 12:35 am, Kim Rose wrote:
> > Hi, Randy -
> >
> > At SqueakFest we announced that the olpc version, made available here:
> > http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPC-Etoys070726.zip
> > woud become the "official" version as it runs on all platforms in....
> Kim,
>
> This zip does not include Linux binaries :-(. Will the final version include
> the latest VM code for Linux or do we have to download them separately from
> squeakland.org site?

http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/OLPC-Etoys070821.zip

  Can you try this one?  And let me know if everything works
(including that Kedama projects runs reasonably fast.)

-- Yoshiki