code browser - dead tree version?

Bakki Kudva
Hi all,

The squeak code browser and whisker browser are great but some times
it is convenient to have a pretty print version of the code on paper
for those occasions when you are sitting under a tree by the Seaside.

Is there some way to pretty print to a .ps file all the code under a
certain class category? I experimented with fileout and print out
commands and the unformatted html files aren't exactly what I had in
mind.

I would very much appreciate any pointers to print utilities. Didn't
see anything on Squeakmap.

Thanks,

bakki

Re: code browser - dead tree version?

cedreek
it' not pretty but you can do a fileOut of any elements (class,
package, methods ...) from the browser (right clic). It's in chunk
fomat, lots of !!   but it's ok to read

Cédrick...

ps: does anybody know a code colorizer to read .st in a text editor ?

Re: code browser - dead tree version?

Bakki Kudva
I had tried all the combinations but I get html text without any  <br>
so in the browser it is quite difficult to read.

-bakki

On 8/31/06, cdrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> it' not pretty but you can do a fileOut of any elements (class,
> package, methods ...) from the browser (right clic). It's in chunk
> fomat, lots of !!   but it's ok to read
>
> Cédrick...
>
> ps: does anybody know a code colorizer to read .st in a text editor ?

Re: code browser - dead tree version?

cedreek
with fileOut, you sould have a .st file in the directory of your image
printOut produces an html file...

Cédrick

Re: code browser - dead tree version?

stéphane ducasse-2
There is a package made by damien cassou that generate nice latex and
ps format.
It should be on squeaksource.com I do not know the name of the
package by hearth.

Stef

On 31 août 06, at 19:21, Bakki Kudva wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The squeak code browser and whisker browser are great but some times
> it is convenient to have a pretty print version of the code on paper
> for those occasions when you are sitting under a tree by the Seaside.
>
> Is there some way to pretty print to a .ps file all the code under a
> certain class category? I experimented with fileout and print out
> commands and the unformatted html files aren't exactly what I had in
> mind.
>
> I would very much appreciate any pointers to print utilities. Didn't
> see anything on Squeakmap.
>
> Thanks,
>
> bakki

Re: code browser - dead tree version?

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas

Hi,

stéphane ducasse escribió:
> There is a package made by damien cassou that generate nice latex and
> ps format.
> It should be on squeaksource.com I do not know the name of the package
> by hearth.
>
> Stef

I know that is  related about exporting docs, but this answer makes me
wonder, ¿Can Squeak render math information for example in LaTeX or
MathML? I'm thinking in somekind of integration between TeXmacs
(www.texmacs.org) and Squeak for the creation of interative multimedia
mathematics books, may be using some kind of X server on Squeak or the
Flash Plugin.

Cheers,

Offray

___________________________________

AVISO LEGAL: El presente correo electronico no representa la opinion o el consentimiento oficial de la PONTIFICIA UNIVERSIDAD JAVERIANA. Este mensaje es confidencial y puede contener informacion privilegiada la cual no puede ser usada ni divulgada a personas distintas de su destinatario. Esta prohibida la retencion, grabacion, utilizacion, aprovechamiento o divulgacion con cualquier proposito. Si por error recibe este mensaje, por favor destruya su contenido y avise a su remitente.
En este aviso legal se omiten intencionalmente las tildes.

Este mensaje ha sido revisado por un sistema antivirus, por lo que su contenido esta libre de virus.
This e-mail has been scanned by an antivirus system, so its contents is free of viruses.

Re: code browser - dead tree version?

Damien Cassou-3
stéphane ducasse a écrit :
> There is a package made by damien cassou that generate nice latex and
> ps format.
> It should be on squeaksource.com I do not know the name of the package
> by hearth.

This is SmallAutoDoc. If you need help just ask.
Lukas made something too.

Re: Re: code browser - dead tree version?

Lukas Renggli
> > There is a package made by damien cassou that generate nice latex and
> > ps format.
> > It should be on squeaksource.com I do not know the name of the package
> > by hearth.
>
> This is SmallAutoDoc. If you need help just ask.
> Lukas made something too.

Indeed, you can download it from the Pier repository at
<http://mc.lukas-renggli.ch/pier>. I used to for my the appendix of my
Master Thesis. The idea is that you use the wiki syntax in your class-
and method-comments and then it parses and generates either a Pier
site or a Latex document that you can then transform to a PDF. Of
course, there are many clickable references generated automatically,
but you can also put them manually in your code ;-)

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch