cog and crash.dmp

laza

Hi!

Not my turf, so I'm a little puzzled!
Does the latest cog vm for windows (7) also write a crash.dmp file to the vmpath when it crashes? The dialog says so, but I can't find the file in that directory. I have permission to create/write files in that directory.Is there some sort of switch/ini-Setting I have to set to make the vm dump that file on a crash?

Alex

Re: [squeak-dev] cog and crash.dmp

Eliot Miranda-2

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Alexander Lazarević <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

Not my turf, so I'm a little puzzled!
Does the latest cog vm for windows (7) also write a crash.dmp file to the vmpath when it crashes? The dialog says so, but I can't find the file in that directory. I have permission to create/write files in that directory.Is there some sort of switch/ini-Setting I have to set to make the vm dump that file on a crash?

The Cog VMs write crash.dmp to the vm log directory which is set by primitiveSetLogDirectory.  The log directory appears to default to the empty string which may default to the current directory.  I'll see about trying to harmonize the behaviour with the standard VM.  See the attached for an interface, but I wouldn't rush to include this in trunk yet.

best
Eliot

Alex

SmalltalkImage-vmLogDirectory.st (384 bytes) Download Attachment
SmalltalkImage-primitiveLogDirectory.st (410 bytes) Download Attachment