compelling a Metacello upgrade?

Paul DeBruicker
Is there a way in a config to get metacello to update itself to the
latest released version before it begins figuring out all the stuff it
needs to load?   The version of ConfigurationOfSeaside30 for Seaside 3.1
needs the latest released version but Pharo 1.3 & 1.4 both include an
earlier version and loading the updated Seaside config fails.

Re: compelling a Metacello upgrade?

Dale Henrichs
Paul,

I think that you can do this by making a dependency to the proper version of Metacello from your configuration ... but there are limitations ... for example if the configuration itself has some spec calls that require the latest version, then the failure will happen before you get a chance to update metacello, so therein lies the problem (if that's the problem that is happening) ...

Dale