converting SqueakJS images to 64-bit Spur

converting SqueakJS images to 64-bit Spur

Craig Latta

Hi all--

     Has anyone been able to convert an image written by SqueakJS to run
with 64-bit Spur?

     thanks!

-C

--
Craig Latta
Black Page Digital

Re: converting SqueakJS images to 64-bit Spur

David T. Lewis
On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 07:13:13AM -0700, Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi all--
>
>      Has anyone been able to convert an image written by SqueakJS to run
> with 64-bit Spur?
>

>      thanks!

I have not tried it, but assuming that the original image from SqueakJS is
a 32-bit Spur, image, then I would expect that converting to 64-bit Spur
is the same as for any other 32-bit Spur image. This requires a VMMaker based
conversion script that Eliot has developed.

If you tried that and it did not work, then I would suggest re-saving the
32-bit Spur image using an oscog VM, and then running the conversion process.

These procedures should work fine for occasional conversions, such as (for
example) producing 32-bit and 64-bit image artifacts in a CI build process.
If you need something fast and on-the-fly for internet applications, maybe
not so good.

Dave