could we have the latest version of Spoon on squeak.org

could we have the latest version of Spoon on squeak.org

stéphane ducasse-2
Hi all

Downloading spoon require bittorrent and a university not blocking
port...
So I would suggest that if we are serious about Spoon as a potential
future for Squeak (I hope)
we should have the latest spoon distribution on the squeak.org web site.

RE: could we have the latest version of Spoon on squeak.org

Peter Crowther-2
> From: stéphane ducasse
> Downloading spoon require bittorrent and a university not blocking
> port...

It's a very good point - I seed Spoon, and have seen very little activity on the torrent.  Changing the tracker or data ports won't help much, either, as the bulk of academic firewalls are sufficiently smart to examine the data on the connection rather than the port number these days.

I'd love to see a Spoon download hosted on squeak.org.

                - Peter

Re: could we have the latest version of Spoon on squeak.org

karl-8
stéphane ducasse skrev:
> Hi all
>
> Downloading spoon require bittorrent and a university not blocking
> port...
> So I would suggest that if we are serious about Spoon as a potential
> future for Squeak (I hope)
> we should have the latest spoon distribution on the squeak.org web site.

There is already a Spoon folder on the Squeak ftp, so putting the latest
stuff there should be easy.
Craig, is it ok to put the latest there ?

Karl

re: could we have the latest version of Spoon on squeak.org

ccrraaiigg

Hi Karl--

 > There is already a Spoon folder on the Squeak ftp, so putting the
 > latest stuff there should be easy. Craig, is it ok to put the latest
 > there?

        Sure. It'd be great if I could put things there myself, too, since I
have newer stuff now.

-C

--
Craig Latta
improvisational musical informaticist

re: could we have the latest version of Spoon on squeak.org

Ken Causey-3
I can and will set that up for you Craig similarly to how Bryce can now
manage his own Exupery site directory.  I'll get you the details soon.

Ken