croquet/cobalt for storytellers?

Paul Sheldon-2
I am not a great salesman, but I downloaded San
Minimum
and I'd like to tell about croquet to storytellers.

I hope Gayle Ross comes and I'll tell her of
shapeshifters
(rabbits and Alice's) telling stories.
She is a great native American storyteller.

So, I better leave this wifi hotspot and get back
there and mingle.

I must imagine that I am not selling croquet just
telling about it,
like a story. Then I won't get nervous. Perhaps I
shall tell my friend
Elizabeth Ellis who is Gayle Ross's friend.

croquet/cobalt for storytellers?

Americo Damasceno
Paul,

I believe that the future existence of millions of discontinuous and
independent little personal spaces/virtual-worlds  , like Cobalt creates,
having independent sources for their lives, could be the inspiration for
interesting stories.

Like we have millions of blogs, we will have millions of  virtual Cobalt
islands, with different rules and cultural styles...

Independence. This is what Second Life doesn't has...

Many "Federations", off course, having" similar costumes, can be created .
Someone can be called "United Spaces", for example.

Americo

croquet/cobalt for storytellers?

Americo Damasceno
By the way: the first person/company to put available the resources  for the
easy creation of personal islands - like we have personal blogs - will be a
millionaire. Believe me you or not  :-)

Re: croquet/cobalt for storytellers?

Julian Lombardi

On Apr 11, 2008, at 6:21 PM, Americo Damasceno wrote:
Paul,

I believe that the future existence of millions of discontinuous and
independent little personal spaces/virtual-worlds  , like Cobalt creates,
having independent sources for their lives, could be the inspiration for
interesting stories.

Like we have millions of blogs, we will have millions of  virtual Cobalt
islands, with different rules and cultural styles...

Independence. This is what Second Life doesn't has...

Many "Federations", off course, having" similar costumes, can be created .
Someone can be called "United Spaces", for example.

Americo

-------------------------------
Julian Lombardi, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice President
Duke University Office of Information Technology
334 Blackwell Street, Suite 1107
Durham, North Carolina 27701 USA
+1.919.323.5016

Re: croquet/cobalt for storytellers?

Stefan Elwesthål
I followed Croquet as a lurker for many years. Now and then I installed it and played a little with it, not that much so I really got into it though. I have to say that NOW it really starts to get interesting. That is bad cause actually, I don't have time to play with it but ...

You are rally doing a great work - and as stated, if the number of cobalt islands reach the critical mass - they will surely take over the blog world :)

Regards from sweden

Re: croquet/cobalt for storytellers?

Maria Droujkova
What about Croquet for storytellers? I am keenly interested, but can you, maybe, tell me a story on Croquet for storytellers?

Cheers,
MariaD
naturalmath.com

MariaD
naturalmath.com

--- Maria Droujkova <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What about Croquet for storytellers? I am keenly
> interested, but can you,
> maybe, tell me a story on Croquet for storytellers?
>
> Cheers,
> MariaD
> naturalmath.com

I have written her a story, but I thought, perhaps, I
would tell it offline.

The basic idea is unlimited space to tell stories in
with no floor rental
making a guy that owns the floor take away your
creativity
of what story you want to tell because he has his
agenda
and not yours in his heart.