dang, I didn't mean to post this last to the whole list

dang, I didn't mean to post this last to the whole list

Paul Sheldon-2
I believe I might have gone down a self-referential rabbit black hole.

Re: dang, I didn't mean to post this last to the whole list

Eugen Leitl
On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 08:10:50AM -0800, [hidden email] wrote:
> I believe I might have gone down a self-referential rabbit black hole.

Please take your narcisstic passive-aggressive crap elsewhere.
Or stop skipping your meds. This isn't your private list.

Thanks.

Re: dang, I didn't mean to post this last to the whole list

Matt Senne
This is a croquet list.  I think it would be appropriate to keep all
discussions relevant to the topic.  Personal conversations that have
less than 5% (by volume) of the text actually related to Croquet don't
interest me as a croquet-user list subscriber.
This is common etiquette; is any further discussion this topic worthwhile?
-Matt Senne
oxe

Matt Senne yoat42-at-gmail.com |squeak devlists| wrote:
> This is a croquet list.  I think it would be appropriate to keep all
> discussions relevant to the topic.  Personal conversations that have
> less than 5% (by volume) of the text actually related to Croquet don't
> interest me as a croquet-user list subscriber.
> This is common etiquette; is any further discussion this topic worthwhile?

i think further discussion in the form of a "hear hear!" might be worthwhile.

- orion

Re: dang, I didn't mean to post this last to the whole list

Erik Anderson-9
And let's try to keep this list civil.  The point has been made, let's not continue to jump on it, especially from an anonymous remailer.

On 7/26/07, oxe <[hidden email]> wrote:
i think further discussion in the form of a "hear hear!" might be worthwhile.

- orion

Re: dang, I didn't mean to post this last to the whole list

goslackware
Hi Paul,

Sorry that your self prophecy of others insensate retaliation came true.  I feel the issue is, Croquet-User list propose is "Bulletin Board list" VS "Issues list needing to bring immediate attention to everyone for resolution."  I do encourage you making blog like many others do.  Is the reason against a blog the lower amount of interaction of ideas with others, which is what the list brings, attention?  Mandating attention from others through the list, however, doesn't after a while bring any attention once everyone starts to ignore all of Paul's posts.  In a blog, people search for the most relevant topics to themselves and reply to those topics and ideas.  After discussion from the ideas and topics on the blog, then post only the most important and relevant to the Croquet-User list.  This amount of relevancy would satisfy even those few with most extreme view.

good luck,
Darren Christian DeHaven

Paul M. Sheldon wrote:

> I believe I might have gone down a self-referential rabbit black hole.

Quoted from:
http://www.nabble.com/dang%2C-I-didn%27t-mean-to-post-this-last-to-the-whole-list-tf4152281.html#a11812558

Paul M. Sheldon wrote
I believe I might have gone down a self-referential rabbit black hole.