dev image OB Package Browser

Mark Volkmann
I'm using the OB Package Browser in the latest dev image. Is there a
way to turn off the feature that outputs matching quotes as you type?
It's driving me crazy because it often adds quotes where they don't
belong.

---
Mark Volkmann

Re: dev image OB Package Browser

Rob Rothwell
world menu->open...Preference Browser.  Got to "developer image" category and disable "ecompletionSmartCharacters"

Rob

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 8:58 PM, Mark Volkmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm using the OB Package Browser in the latest dev image. Is there a way to turn off the feature that outputs matching quotes as you type? It's driving me crazy because it often adds quotes where they don't belong.

---
Mark Volkmann

Re: dev image OB Package Browser

Randal L. Schwartz

Rob> world menu->open...Preference Browser.  Got to "developer image" category
Rob> and disable "ecompletionSmartCharacters"

yeah, that drives me nuts too.

I think if you're a fast typist or not used to it, it gets in the way.  I
mean, in *theory*, if you used it, it would save you about 1-2 characters of
typing per line.  But I usually get those typed without noticing anyway. :)

See http://methodsandmessages.vox.com/ for Smalltalk and Seaside discussion