difficulties about the TextAnchor fixes

stéphane ducasse-2
hi lukas

It is quite difficult for me to merge your changes (especially the
Graphics one)
since they are based on an old version of the packages and now
merging with the
most recent one of andreas is difficult.

Could you have a look to see if this is possible to produce a new
package based on the
version available in 3.9-6719

The merging tool is not that useful, when you do not have the context
of the change

Re: difficulties about the TextAnchor fixes

Lukas Renggli
> Could you have a look to see if this is possible to produce a new
> package based on the
> version available in 3.9-6719

I will have a look this afternoon.

Thanks,
Lukas

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: difficulties about the TextAnchor fixes

Lukas Renggli
Hi Stef,

> > Could you have a look to see if this is possible to produce a new
> > package based on the
> > version available in 3.9-6719
>
> I will have a look this afternoon.

I created a change-set within Squeak3.9a-6718 that replays the changes
I made, as commented in my original mail. I think it is the simplest,
so you can review the changes and then file-in into the new image
without having to merge all those packages.

Again what I did and the reason:

- removed TextAnchorPlus because it is used nowhere and broken.

- added TextAnchor>>emphasizeScanner: because this was obviously
missing, older version of Squeak do have this method.

- changed DisplayScanner>> placeEmbeddedObject: and the duplicated
code in MultiDisplayScanner>>placeEmbeddedObject: to draw the forms
transparent (this is more like an enhancement, not really the fix
itself).

- changed the class comment of TextAnchor to actually provide an up-to
date example that works in morphic (not only MVC)

I hope this fix will be included soon, as it enables to do a lot of
cool things, such as to display icons within lists (imagine
omnibrowser displaying overriding/overridden messages with an icon),
etc.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

TextAnchorFixes.1.cs (3K) Download Attachment