displaying picture from local path

Michael Delache
Hi,

  I tried to display a picture (located in my computer) in a web application using a 'html image' block but it didn't worked. I tried the same code with a picture located on a web server and it worked. What is the difference between the two situations? How could I get what I want?

Thanks

Re: displaying picture from local path

cedreek
Hi,

2010/3/24 Michael Delache <[hidden email]>
Hi,

  I tried to display a picture (located in my computer) in a web application using a 'html image' block but it didn't worked. I tried the same code with a picture located on a web server and it worked. What is the difference between the two situations?

html image display an image that is available through an internet location. ie. the file must be served by a webserver like Apache.

Seaside (I guess this is what you use) cannot by default do that (serve static content).

How could I get what I want?

several options

1)configure Kom so that it serves static content (Kom or Swazoo who are in squeak the web servers used in conjoontion with seaside)
2)put your file online wherever you want and then add the url to htm image
3)you can load an image into a method so that seaside can serve it but this is putting some load on the smalltalk image (FileLibrary lib)
4) use Apache to serve static content

solution 2 is probably the easier one.

hth,

Cédrick