does anybody remember a video tutorial about how to make a spell checker / autocompleter in squeak?

does anybody remember a video tutorial about how to make a spell checker / autocompleter in squeak?

Davide Della Casa

Hi,

Several years ago I remember I saw a video about how to make a spell-checker/autocompleter in squeak (using Morphic if I remember well, so it was post-MVC).

It worked by hovering a list of text options over/below the text/cursor, and the user could pick an element of the list and voila’ the correction/completion would happen.

I remember I was quite impressed by that video – as it would live-code the feature in realtime.

Now, it’s been years I’ve been trying to find that video again, to no avail…

Do you remember such video, and would you happen to have a link to the channel/it?

Cheers,

Davide Della Casa

jrm

Re: does anybody remember a video tutorial about how to make a spell checker / autocompleter in squeak?

jrm
David,

Could it have been this

- jrm

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 12:36 PM Davide Della Casa <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Several years ago I remember I saw a video about how to make a spell-checker/autocompleter in squeak (using Morphic if I remember well, so it was post-MVC).

It worked by hovering a list of text options over/below the text/cursor, and the user could pick an element of the list and voila’ the correction/completion would happen.

I remember I was quite impressed by that video – as it would live-code the feature in realtime.

Now, it’s been years I’ve been trying to find that video again, to no avail…

Do you remember such video, and would you happen to have a link to the channel/it?

Cheers,

Davide Della Casa

Re: does anybody remember a video tutorial about how to make a spell checker / autocompleter in squeak?

Davide Della Casa
Hi John,

it _looked_ like the one, but in the one I remember the implementation was actually done in the video.

The implementation included the creation of the list, and would replace/add the list content on click.

It could have been a spell checker rather that an autocomplete - however after many years of googling I still couldn't find it.

I give it a reasonable chance at this point that I just imagined it. Maybe I imagined a possible solution in Morphic and with time I convinced myself that I saw it.

Thanks for the link though.

Cheers,
Davide