double message receive

Hans N Beck-2
Hi,

since the switch to the new mailing list adress of croquet-dev I get
all messages from croquet-dev twice. I assume this is because the old
croquet-dev is still active ? How can this be corrected, or can
someone delete me from the old croquet-dev ([hidden email] or
[hidden email])?

Regards

Hans

Re: [croquet-dev] double message receive

Howard Stearns-3
Only a partial answer:

* Everyone at the old University of Wisconsin mailing list was
deactivated, by hand, by me.

* Mail to the old Wisconsin lists is forwarded to the corresponding
Duke list, which then distributes it according to its rules. The
reverse is not true. Mail to the Duke lists does not go back to
Wisconsin.

* The old UW data was used to populate the mailing lists at Duke.  I
am not aware of outstanding errors from this process. (Read on for
who to contact if there are.)

* The new list does not reduce multiple paths to the same address.
For example, your message was sent to both croquet-dev and croquet-
user.  The mailer isn't smart enough to see that you are on both
lists, and so you would receive your own message twice. I am
responding with reply-all, which will add your address, so you should
receive three copies of my response. Yuck.  But this is not the place
to discuss that. See below.

* It is conceivable, though I think very unlikely, that something has
become mangled specifically for you. For example, if you individually
went to http://www.doit.wisc.edu/lists/wisclist/ and re-activated
your mail after I deactivated it in the first bullet above, then you
might receive multiple copies. But only if someone sent the message
directly to the old Wisconsin lists. (See second bullet.)  I do not
have admin access to wisclist any more to see if you have
reactivated.   You'll have to check yourself. (But again, this would
only effect mail sent to the old lists.)

* According to https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/help, the right place to
get administrative help for these lists is [hidden email]. The
Duke IT folks do not monitor croquet-dev and croquet-user, and will
not see your request for help here.  (I am responding publicly on
these lists only to make sure people are aware of this information.)
IFF [hidden email] fails to help you, I would try sending to
[hidden email] or [hidden email], and if
that fails, send to [hidden email] (per http://opencroquet.org/
index.php/Contact).

Good luck!
-Howard