endless loop on debugging self or nil

Nicolai Hess-3-2
evaluating "self" in an inspector workspace pane
or "nil" with
"do it"
"inspect it"
works.
But if you use "debug it", enters an endless loop.

I opened a bug report for squeak (bugs.squeak.org)  and
on fogbugz for pharo.
I am not sure this bug has the same cause in squeak and pharo, because
the stack trace is different.

On pharo, this behavior starts with version 50519 with integrating a fix
for issue 17251 "Quick method primitive not set correctly for #spurVMHeader"

but I don't think this is the real cause of this behavior.

nicolai

Re: endless loop on debugging self or nil

marcel.taeumel
Hi Nicolas,

when I select "debug it" on the expression "self" in a workspace of the code pane of an inspector, I get an information box saying "Nothign to debug; expression is optimized". Then a debugger pops up with a single frame "MethodContext >> #halt".

I am working in the Cog Spur VM r3663 in Windows 10.

No endless loop.

Best,
Marcel

Re: endless loop on debugging self or nil

Nicolai Hess-3-2

Hi Nicolas,

when I select "debug it" on the expression "self" in a workspace of the code
pane of an inspector, I get an information box saying "Nothign to debug;
expression is optimized". Then a debugger pops up with a single frame
"MethodContext >> #halt".

I am working in the Cog Spur VM r3663 in Windows 10.

No endless loop.

Yes, but only in the trunk image.
If I load the all-in-one image (image version 15113) and update to the latest version (15117), I still get this
endless loop.

Best,
Marcel