error on starting Croquet

Les Howell
Hi, everyone,
        I am just beginning to work on Croquet.  I have opened a transcript
dialog, and dragged the simple demo (master) to the desktop.  I get a
red box with a "waiting for connection message", and after a few seconds
an error message box.  Currently I am running Fedora Core 6 on a 433MHz
Celeron with 256Mb of ram for this test, and future development.  I
intend to move the master world to a much better box in the near future,
but I need to get this to at least basically function here so I know I
am going down the right path(s).

I have a screen shot, but in the interest of not making everyone
download a large file will send it to whoever has Linux experience that
is willing to help me.  The error message in the message box title is
"Error: Unable to find function address".  In that window is what
appears to be a stack dump as follows:
EsternalFunction class(Object)>>error;
ExternalFunction class>>externalCallFailed
OpenALUnix(Object)>>externalCallFailed
OpenAlUnix(OpenAL)>>alcOpenDevice;
OpenAlUnix(OpenAL)>>createContext
---snip---

The Croquet window is titled ./Croquet1.0.10.Image

The Transcript window is empty.

Any help on where to look next will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Les H

Re: error on starting Croquet

Conrad Parker
Hi,

it looks like you don't have the openal devel package installed.

cheers,

Conrad.