{error] running updateSCCSVersions

Robert Withers-2

quotar@ganymede:~/Desktop/opensmalltalk-vm/scripts$ ./updateSCCSVersions
fatal: cannot run .git_filters/RevDateURL.clean: No such file or directory
error: cannot fork to run external filter '.git_filters/RevDateURL.clean'
error: external filter '.git_filters/RevDateURL.clean' failed
fatal: platforms/Cross/plugins/sqPluginsSCCSVersion.h: clean filter
'RevDateURL' failed

K, r

Re: {error] running updateSCCSVersions

David T. Lewis

The error message says ".git_filters/RevDateURL.clean: No such file or directory"

Possibly this is because there is no such file or directory. But on
my system I see this:

  $ ls -l .git_filters/RevDateURL.clean
  -rwxrwxr-x 1 lewis lewis 140 Feb  3  2019 .git_filters/RevDateURL.clean

So what is wrong?

When you clone the repository from GitHub to your local machine,
you will have an equivalent repository in your own local directory.
This repository will include metadata in hidden folders and files
with names like .git, .git_filters, .gitattributes, and .gitignore.

If you copied your repository folder to another folder, you may
have lost these hidden files and directories.

So it is best not to copy the repository folder. Just clone it
directly into whatever folder you want to use, and work with it
directly in that location.

Dave

On Mon, Mar 02, 2020 at 01:53:51AM +0000, Robert wrote:

> quotar@ganymede:~/Desktop/opensmalltalk-vm/scripts$ ./updateSCCSVersions
> fatal: cannot run .git_filters/RevDateURL.clean: No such file or directory
> error: cannot fork to run external filter '.git_filters/RevDateURL.clean'
> error: external filter '.git_filters/RevDateURL.clean' failed
> fatal: platforms/Cross/plugins/sqPluginsSCCSVersion.h: clean filter
> 'RevDateURL' failed
>
> K, r

Re: {error] running updateSCCSVersions

Robert Withers-2

Well, yes, I used Eclipse's git tool to clone it the first time. I now
cloned from the command line and the update script runs. Thanks!

K, r