experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

Stéphane Ducasse-3
Hi

I would like to know if InterpreterSimulator is working in 3.9. I
plan to play with it as soon as
I can for a lecture...

Re: experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Stef,

my experience in 3.9 is recorded in

- http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3516

/Klaus

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 19:11:48 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to know if InterpreterSimulator is working in 3.9. I plan
> to play with it as soon as
> I can for a lecture...
>
> Stef

Re: experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

timrowledge

On 6-Oct-06, at 10:09 PM, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

> Hi Stef,
>
> my experience in 3.9 is recorded in
>
> - http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3516

Y'never know, but I might even have time to look into some of this
stuff soon. If it's important, $$$$ helps....

tim
Strange OpCodes: HALT: No-Op

Re: experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

Klaus D. Witzel
Stef,

if there is budget, I will definitely add to it. Perhaps others too? Ron?

/Klaus

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 07:16:26 +0200, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 6-Oct-06, at 10:09 PM, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>
>> Hi Stef,
>>
>> my experience in 3.9 is recorded in
>>
>> - http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3516
>
> Y'never know, but I might even have time to look into some of this stuff
> soon. If it's important, $$$$ helps....
>

> tim
> Strange OpCodes: HALT: No-Op

Re: experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

stephane ducasse-2
But I do not have money guys....else

So I cannot use that for my lecture.
Is it working on 3.8?

> Stef,
>
> if there is budget, I will definitely add to it. Perhaps others
> too? Ron?
>
> /Klaus

re: experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

ccrraaiigg

Hi Stef--

     I fixed the 3.2-era simulator for Spoon[1]. If it doesn't really
matter which version of the system you use for a simulator demo, you
could use that.

-C

[1] http://ftp.squeak.org/Spoon/spoon1a12.zip

--
Craig Latta
http://netjam.org/resume

Re: experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

stephane ducasse-2
Yes I will use 3.2  but I wanted to the know the state of affair.
Where can I find your fixes? Are they on squeakmap? should I

I found
        for 3.6
                http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-January/
072189.html

        for 3.8
                http://www.visoracle.com/squeakfaq/interpreter.html

So I should try

On 7 oct. 06, at 10:33, Craig Latta wrote:

> Hi Stef--
>
>      I fixed the 3.2-era simulator for Spoon[1]. If it doesn't really
> matter which version of the system you use for a simulator demo, you
> could use that.
>

> -C
>
> [1] http://ftp.squeak.org/Spoon/spoon1a12.zip
>
> --
> Craig Latta
> http://netjam.org/resume

Re: experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

Klaus D. Witzel
Is there anything special to be done to the (sub-)directories in that zip,
I unzipped everything into the same dir. For the rest of it, see
attachment.

/Klaus

Squeak fatal error.JPG (24K) Download Attachment

Re: experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Tim,

could you make a proposal, please. What would we get for what amount. I
have to answer other potential sponsor's email. I let it up to you to send
me email or post here.

Thank you in advance.

/Klaus

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 07:16:26 +0200, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 6-Oct-06, at 10:09 PM, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>
>> Hi Stef,
>>
>> my experience in 3.9 is recorded in
>>
>> - http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=3516
>
> Y'never know, but I might even have time to look into some of this stuff
> soon. If it's important, $$$$ helps....
>

> tim
> Strange OpCodes: HALT: No-Op

re: experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

ccrraaiigg

> Yes, I will use 3.2 but I wanted to the know the state of affairs.
> Where can I find your fixes? Are they on squeakmap?

     I think I wrote them before SqueakMap started; I only sent a
message to squeak-dev about them[1].

     But the Spoon release I mentioned[2] has a complete image in it
("control") that you can use to demo the simulator. The small image
("spoon") makes a good simulation subject. And there's the added benefit
of visualization, which is also fun for demos and for teaching (see [3]).

-C

[1] http://tinyurl.com/dmjo8 (lists.squeakfoundation.org)
[2] http://ftp.squeak.org/Spoon/spoon1a12.zip
[3] http://netjam.org/spoon/viz

--
Craig Latta
http://netjam.org/resume

re: experience running InterpreterSimulator in 3.9

ccrraaiigg

Hi Klaus--

> Is there anything special to be done to the (sub-)directories in that
> zip, I unzipped everything into the same dir. For the rest of it, see
> attachment.

     You have to use one of the included VMs (the one for your
platform), and if you run the small image ("spoon") you need to start
the control image first ("control"). The fiddly bits for building your
own VM are also included.

-C

--
Craig Latta