external midi devices

dabrowsa@indiana.edu
I know that Squeak can play midi files using its built in synthesizer,
but is it possible to control external midi devices?

dabrowsa.vcf (222 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: external midi devices

Brad Fuller-3
Andrew Dabrowski wrote:
> I know that Squeak can play midi files using its built in synthesizer,
> but is it possible to control external midi devices?

Hi Andrew,

See the MidiPrimTester class for sending midi data through the serial port.

Also see: SimpleMIDIPort and MIDIInputParser.

Craig Latta wrote a MidiRecorder that used MTC, but I don't think he has
made it available.

Florian Hars updated Midi for Linux. Search the archives for a recent
thread. Florian: is this now in the standard distribution of the VM?

(are you in Bloomington? I miss the town! I went to IU Music School in
the 70s)

brad

--
brad fuller