exupery vm

Chris Muller
One more question.  How safe is it to stick with the exupery vm for my non-exupery-loaded images?

exupery vm

Bryce Kampjes

> One more question.  How safe is it to stick with the exupery vm for
> my non-exupery-loaded images?

I provide the pre-build VMs is to make it easier to get started.
They are also a useful basis for macro benchmarks as the code behind
the benchmark will be the same.

I suspect that some of the differences with largeExplorer performance
was due to image differences. I benchmarked using 3.8, Andy used
3.8.1, and Jakub used the pre-built 3.9.

Bryce

Re: exupery vm

Jakub Kozisek
I will try to do the benchmarks also with 3.8 and 3.8.1 later this
evening (night :).

But for my amateur eye it was interesting to see the difference with
largeExplorers benchmark on my 3 machines - 1:2:3.

> > One more question.  How safe is it to stick with the exupery vm for
> > my non-exupery-loaded images?

> I provide the pre-build VMs is to make it easier to get started.
> They are also a useful basis for macro benchmarks as the code behind
> the benchmark will be the same.
>
> I suspect that some of the differences with largeExplorer performance
> was due to image differences. I benchmarked using 3.8, Andy used
> 3.8.1, and Jakub used the pre-built 3.9.
>
> Bryce

Re: exupery vm

Andrew Tween

<[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> > One more question.  How safe is it to stick with the exupery vm for
> > my non-exupery-loaded images?

> I provide the pre-build VMs is to make it easier to get started.
> They are also a useful basis for macro benchmarks as the code behind
> the benchmark will be the same.
>
> I suspect that some of the differences with largeExplorer performance
> was due to image differences. I benchmarked using 3.8, Andy used
> 3.8.1, and Jakub used the pre-built 3.9.

Actually, I used 3.8-6665-full for the benchmarks.

> Bryce

Re: exupery vm

Jakub Kozisek
You were right with largeExplorers benchmark. Tested with 3.8.6665-full.

1) Intel Pentium 4 Mobile - 1.8GHz (WIn)

arithmaticLoopBenchmark 2179 compiled 158 ratio: 13.791
bytecodeBenchmark 2951 compiled 622 ratio: 4.744
sendBenchmark 3402 compiled 2281 ratio: 1.491
doLoopsBenchmark 1920 compiled 3660 ratio: 0.525
largeExplorers 1913 compiled 2013 ratio: 0.950
compilerBenchmark 1855 compiled 1448 ratio: 1.281
Cumulative Time 10830.891 compiled 4739.508 ratio 2.285

2) AMD Semprom 3100+ 1.8GHz (Win)

arithmaticLoopBenchmark 1647 compiled 117 ratio: 14.077
bytecodeBenchmark 2746 compiled 635 ratio: 4.324
sendBenchmark 2097 compiled 892 ratio: 2.351
doLoopsBenchmark 1265 compiled 895 ratio: 1.413
largeExplorers 996 compiled 721 ratio: 1.381
compilerBenchmark 991 compiled 1000 ratio: 0.991
Cumulative Time 6526.543 compiled 2119.418 ratio 3.079

Man, I was born for statistics ...:)

Jakub