final 4.2 image available

12

Re: final 4.2 image available

Ken G. Brown
With fresh Squeak4.2-10950, doing cmd-click no longer pulls up the halos on Mac, does not seem to matter which VM.

Ken

At 11:24 AM -0600 1/31/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:
>Squeak4.2-10950.zip is now available at http://ftp.squeak.org/4.2,
>which is intended to be the actual-released 4.2 image (unless we find
>some problem, which we won't).
>
>The trunk will be reopened shortly, thanks for your patience.
>
>  - Chris

Re: final 4.2 image available

Chris Muller-3
Same problem in trunk?

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With fresh Squeak4.2-10950, doing cmd-click no longer pulls up the halos on Mac, does not seem to matter which VM.
>
> Ken
>

> At 11:24 AM -0600 1/31/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:
>>Squeak4.2-10950.zip is now available at http://ftp.squeak.org/4.2,
>>which is intended to be the actual-released 4.2 image (unless we find
>>some problem, which we won't).
>>
>>The trunk will be reopened shortly, thanks for your patience.
>>
>>  - Chris

Re: final 4.2 image available

Ken G. Brown
No, trunk seems to pull up the halos with cmd-click.
Latest trunk I have is Squeak4.2-10779-alpha updated to ->10918

Ken

At 5:29 PM -0600 2/2/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:

>Same problem in trunk?
>
>On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> With fresh Squeak4.2-10950, doing cmd-click no longer pulls up the halos on Mac, does not seem to matter which VM.
>>
>> Ken
>>

>> At 11:24 AM -0600 1/31/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:
>>>Squeak4.2-10950.zip is now available at http://ftp.squeak.org/4.2,
>>>which is intended to be the actual-released 4.2 image (unless we find
>>>some problem, which we won't).
>>>
>>>The trunk will be reopened shortly, thanks for your patience.
>>>
>>>  - Chris

Re: final 4.2 image available

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Chris Muller wrote:

> Same problem in trunk?

You changed the preference in the image, didn't you? The VMs are not
changed yet.

Levente

> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> With fresh Squeak4.2-10950, doing cmd-click no longer pulls up the halos on Mac, does not seem to matter which VM.
>>
>> Ken
>>

>> At 11:24 AM -0600 1/31/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:
>>> Squeak4.2-10950.zip is now available at http://ftp.squeak.org/4.2,
>>> which is intended to be the actual-released 4.2 image (unless we find
>>> some problem, which we won't).
>>>
>>> The trunk will be reopened shortly, thanks for your patience.
>>>
>>>  - Chris

Re: final 4.2 image available

Chris Muller-3
swapMouseButtons was toggled, yes.  That might be the problem, Ken.

2011/2/2 Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Chris Muller wrote:
>
>> Same problem in trunk?
>
> You changed the preference in the image, didn't you? The VMs are not changed
> yet.
>

> Levente
>

>> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Ken G. Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> With fresh Squeak4.2-10950, doing cmd-click no longer pulls up the halos
>>> on Mac, does not seem to matter which VM.
>>>
>>> Ken

Re: final 4.2 image available

Ken G. Brown
Yes, de-selecting swapMouseButtons seems to make cmd-click bring up halos.
There is still this issue <http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7587> related to resizing morphic windows.

Ken

At 8:03 PM -0600 2/2/11, Chris Muller apparently wrote:

>swapMouseButtons was toggled, yes.  That might be the problem, Ken.
>

>2011/2/2 Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]>:
>> On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Chris Muller wrote:
>>
>>> Same problem in trunk?
>>
>> You changed the preference in the image, didn't you? The VMs are not changed
>> yet.

Re: final 4.2 image available

Michael Davies-2
On 2 February 2011 02:19, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Dale Henrichs wrote:

Looking a little closer, it looks like 4.2 is supposed to use the same set of packages as Pharo which implies that the repository should be 'http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/omnibrowser' in the configuration baseline and not http://source.wiresong.ca/ob. My guess is that the packages were in the package-cache when the configuration was tested.

I doubt that would work. Lukas' version of OB has Pharo specific code which is not compatible with Squeak.

Just in case anyone is still having problems getting OB into a 4.2 image...

I put a pragmatic solution for this into the inbox as Morphic-MAD.512, but the problem with the unexpected changes to the postscript and pre-amble seem to have derailed its adoption, so for anyone having problems with the loading of OmniBrowser, here's a more reliable version of that part of the "Extending the system" samples:

"Omnibrowser including Refactoring engine and OCompletion. Version 1.2"
Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository'; install: 'ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser'.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform: #version: with: '1.2') load: #(Dev).

"Omnibrowser latest release - may include Pharo-specific code!!"
(Installer ss project: ''MetacelloRepository'') install: ''ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser''.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform: #lastVersion) load: #(Dev).

I've just tested it with a virgin 4.2 install, and the first snippet loads OB fine.

Re: final 4.2 image available

Janko Mivšek
Hi guys,

To change the squeak.org website, it is 4.2 out or not? I just saw a
Weekly Squeak article but on the other side I see here a lot of problem
reports...

Best regards
Janko

--